controversial statement

Author Topic: controversial statement  (Read 2229 times)

pasta sux
not controversial
wtf is wrong with u two

have you only had bad pasta or what

applebees is good but imo overpriced

lol that's actually my working theory. used to be a really picky eater when i was younger and i haven't gone to like a good italian restraunt since. pasta is for sure on my list of things to try out now that i don't have the taste buds of a 5 year old

any recs for like a particular kind? ill for sure try it out

pasta is actually more about the sauce and preparation than the pasta itself. if you have stuffty sauce your pasta is gonna taste bad. think good mac n cheese vs bad mac and cheese - the pasta is rarely the issue. the only exception is noodle vs segmented pasta - that does have a significant impact on the taste.

pick pasta based on what kind of sauces and ingredients you like. try alfredo and marinara sauces of different brands if you’re making it at home. generally i find if you like cheesier or creamier stuff, alfredo is what you’ll like more of the two. as for ingredients you can literally do anything you like.

if you dont like italian sauces you can just boil pasta in chicken soup with some ham and green onions/cilantro/whatever you want and itll taste good.

hmmm, didn't actually know about that. last time me and a friend made pasta by hand there was so much effort put into the preparation of the actual pasta that the sauce was sort of an afterthought, we just used some canned marinara -- will for sure try figuring out a better sort of sauce to use

pasta sux
most pasta does

people view it as a stuffty cheap food but pasta with good ingredients, done right, is the best thing you can eat

GPUs are marketing gimmicks and every game and/or program to have ever been made is actually CPU reliant
as someone who had an okay cpu and the most powerful gpu for several years i completely agree with this statement

little caesars is good
this is true. it may not compare to Real Pizza but for $5 you literally can not beat it. there are frozen pizzas that cost that much. it's good

hmmm, didn't actually know about that. last time me and a friend made pasta by hand there was so much effort put into the preparation of the actual pasta that the sauce was sort of an afterthought, we just used some canned marinara -- will for sure try figuring out a better sort of sauce to use
oh stuff you made pasta by hand

yeah thats a loving pain generally easier to buy the pasta. unless you’re making like ravioli or somestuff and want some unique filling like lemon zest ricotta cheese with cilantro or something. i was thinking you were referring to like store bought uncooked pasta

oh stuff you made pasta by hand

yeah thats a loving pain generally easier to buy the pasta. unless you’re making like ravioli or somestuff and want some unique filling like lemon zest ricotta cheese with cilantro or something. i was thinking you were referring to like store bought uncooked pasta
yeah lol we cut the pasta into strips with knives, it took like 6 hours to make the entire thing. sauce wasn't really like the star of the show there

GPUs are marketing gimmicks and every game and/or program to have ever been made is actually CPU reliant
i am going to grip you like a lemon and squeeze you

forget around and software render every game and see what happens...

GPU power hasn't been increasing anywhere nearly as fast as CPU power -- the mid-range CPU that i have in my PC right now is like 5.5x weaker than a mid-range CPU you can buy today, but a mid-range GPU from the same time period is about 2.7x weaker than a mid-range GPU today (i5-4440 vs AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, GTX 670 vs RTX 2060, mostly in same price range +-$50, stats from passmark)

you can totally get away with buying a much weaker GPU from a few years ago instead of shooting for the best model rn, since it sort of seems like GPU power hasn't been increasing all that much. plus, most games allow you to tone down the GPU load to an absolute minimum, you don't really get that option with CPUs most of the time

honestly i think that's really interesting. i would love to do some research and figure out the technical reasons for the discrepancy. also, really hoping that the RTX 3000 series breaks the trend and increases its power by a lot, would be really cool :)