Author Topic: Aeonara (brickadia artist) - child enthusiast  (Read 48652 times)

this didnt happen on the brickadia discord and aoenara didnt use the brickadia platform to groom this said person though
who gives a stuff they still need to atleast EXPLAIN why that person got banned instead of gagging everyone who tries to bring the incident to life because it's ruining their 'wholesome 100 uwu' vibe
what if a minor in that server was friends with the dude and decided to start dming them afterwards? he wouldn't loving know, would he?

dunno what's going on in here but regardless of the information in the OP:

all the related discord circle related to the OP has done is poke brickadia for its faults

i'm not the biggest fan of the direction brickadia is taking at the moment either, but being openly critical even at its earliest stages of development is really malformed and tasteless. an issue like this is split to one person, not malleable to an entire development group

and for the record i have no ties to brickadia, my point is just let go already and quit this baseless association

I hate brickadia it is a rip of of block land

dunno what's going on in here but regardless of the information in the OP:

all the related discord circle related to the OP has done is poke brickadia for its faults

i'm not the biggest fan of the direction brickadia is taking at the moment either, but being openly critical even at its earliest stages of development is really malformed and tasteless. an issue like this is split to one person, not malleable to an entire development group
What if the people working on the game knows he is a child enthusiast?

brickadia stupid ass deleted my message talknig about it

forget  brickadia why did it just become popular

brickadia stupid ass deleted my message talknig about it

forget  brickadia why did it just become popular
Popular YouTuber made a video about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUelhgfUUBE

brickadia still dead tho we have 30 servers and 61 players

They have 21 loving players i meant 29

Popular YouTuber made a video about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUelhgfUUBE
okay lets just spam comments with this forum link so he can delete video

brickadia looks fun but the community is kind of toxic
the devs aren't too bad themselves, they're just a collective of some of the most talented but disorganized programmers on the planet. most of them have some form of high functioning autism which is pretty sick until you realize that they probably develop and write code for other high functioning autists. i know in the past they've used very convoluted and complicated solutions just to solve insanely simple problems, and when any discussion was started about it it would usually go like "we know what we're doing, thank you." the whole vibe just smells like condescendence and it seems like they have an incredibly specific and particular plan for brickadia's development with no room for feedback on the design

aside from the devs the project itself is too ambitious and underfunded. brickadia's main goal is to be a spiritual successor to blockland's vanilla mechanics, not blockland's open-ended mod-heavy design. they've said it many times and that's the path they chose to follow, and because of it they're stretching themselves way too thin trying to build a game from scratch when they can just release it in a MVP/prototype stage with stable modding and let the community design the rest.

its actually ironic because all of the devs are great mod designers in their own right but don't really recognize the importance of community-aided design in their project

also i can't believe i have to say this too but when you shut down open discussions on the grounds of 'no drama allowed' you're fully incentivizing drama to manifest itself again. closet child enthusiasts exist everywhere and theres likely many more in the brickadia discord as well as potential victims. telling people to stop talking about it is basically saying "i don't care whether people are groomed on this discord, i only care if people know its happening. and i don't want them to" and its not going to be surprising when another incident exactly like this happens because absolutely no one was informed that child grooming is a very real and serious threat

i wouldn't be surprised if this game gets released like 5 years later with minimal modding support in some extremely stuffty custom scripting language. all they really have to do to make bank on this is let you have access to most of the engine through their add-on system at the very least serverside and you'd have a superior game to blockland.

every discussion i've had with the users of brickadia or it's devs or moderators about anything related to brickadia (discord, the game itself, how the site is set up) end up the exact same way: "thanks for taking the time to give us feedback, but for (x) reason we'll have to ignore your suggestion." bonus points if some of the people watching the discussion or the devs themselves are insulting you for wanting change in anything about it, because something somewhere has reinforced the idea that if you have any opinion of anything about it you're wrong.