Off Topic > Games

are arena fps games pretty much dead?

(1/6) > >>

Metalliku:
im talking about games like quake and unreal tournament, most of the "attempts" i've seen at trying to bring the genre back just end up failing for multiple reasons  probably like:

-people just not being interested in them anymore
-when new people are interested, they just end up being destroyed by more skilled veteran players and abandon them beacuse of that
-they end up being abandoned to develop more successful games (see: unreal tournament 4)
-probably a bunch of more reasons i might not be thinking about too much

i've been wanting to replay quake champions for a while, but the optimization is so bad it's basically unplayable for me (i have a decent pc), and toxikk too but the servers are just filled with only bots and it just doesn't feel fun

Unwritten Calender:
have you tried diabotical?

Trogtor:
classic quake shooters are pretty much mainstream dead yes. but there are still a lot of people who still play them. i like them a lot but sometimes it just gets repetitive. one i played semi recently was Open Fortress.

Metalliku:

--- Quote from: Unwritten Calender on October 27, 2020, 12:28:48 AM ---have you tried diabotical?

--- End quote ---

first time i hear about it, looking at the trailer it seems pretty interesting, but the fact that it is only on the epic games store kinda kills it for me, not a huge fan of having to download multiple game launchers for a specific game

TheArmyGuy:
Does TF2 arena gamemode still count? Cause that's very much still alive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version