Support_EngineSounds Concept

Author Topic: Support_EngineSounds Concept  (Read 5307 times)

I wonder if custom sounds per vehicle could be a thing, too, and possibly even sound selection using CVS or the /veh system. Like the Hachiroku, if updated, could allow you to pick either the stock 4A-GEU sound or the Formula Atlantic 4A-GELU sound.

And yeah having an engine sound that has gears would be great too lol. But now I wonder the limits of this, like skidding sounds and other misc sounds like that.

if you're going to add 4age then add the ITB'd 4AGE (like the one i had!!!)

Something that slightly bugs me but I wonder is fixable, though this seems to occur with sounds in general in this game, is that the sound pans between speakers depending on the rotation of the camera or vehicle, like it's one-way. Which is very strange.

Something that slightly bugs me but I wonder is fixable, though this seems to occur with sounds in general in this game, is that the sound pans between speakers depending on the rotation of the camera or vehicle, like it's one-way. Which is very strange.
You can fix some of Blockland's weird and loud audio quirks by replacing your OpenAL32 DLL with this one (make sure to backup your old one just in case!)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aam22bf2r2m1r3y/OpenAL32.zip?dl=1

There was a thread on this ages ago, but all the links are dead now

Is there a way to modify ES stuff with the console in real-time? I was editing a vehicle with console commands using NightHawk’s script thing and I wanted to adjust engine sounds accordingly.

Is there a way to modify ES stuff with the console in real-time? I was editing a vehicle with console commands using NightHawk’s script thing and I wanted to adjust engine sounds accordingly.
You need to respawn the vehicle each time you modify a value.