Author Topic: Hot Take: Let's Players are Good Actually  (Read 2730 times)

On the whole I have to say watching someone indulge in an entertainment pastime As entertainment is an absolutely asinine thing, although I have done it a very few times myself I've spent maybe 5-8 hours in my life doing so, and this is my stance on sports as well.

I understand what you're saying but my take is that it's really no different than when you're at a friends house and you're taking turns on the new single player game you just rented (I mean, if it was 2006), except the only downside is it's never really your turn to play, but you're enjoying your buddy make jokes while you play.

Sports (and by extension, e-sports) are in a different category for me. Watching someone let's play a game is more akin to watching a hobbyist fishing show. It's entertainment if you like fishing because it reminds you of fishing (this is a bad metaphor, abort)

(this is a bad metaphor, abort)
I dont think its a bad metaphor. Truthfully someone isnt going to watch a lets player when they have allocated time and hype to play a game. They watch a lets player to wind down. Just like a fishing show.

Bad let's players got us retsupurae so even the worst parts of the genre can bring good things.

raocow still going strong after 10 years. most of my vocabulary is taken from him when i try to stream
forget yes i love raocow man. i only watch him off and on myself, but his dedication is insane and he's super chill to watch

i get why streaming is popular now tho i have a hard time paying attention to a stream, always preferred watching smaller vids at my own pace. i just put streams on for background noise

forget yes i love raocow man. i only watch him off and on myself, but his dedication is insane and he's super chill to watch

i get why streaming is popular now tho i have a hard time paying attention to a stream, always preferred watching smaller vids at my own pace. i just put streams on for background noise

Yeah, a really well edited highlight reel of a let's play and an uninterrupted stream are two different animals