Author Topic: Meat grinders?  (Read 520 times)

Suggestions?

I wanted to make my own hamburger because I figured it was cheaper, I could mix seasonings in and would taste better. Maybe sausages..

I was thinking I should just buy a KitchenAid

Kitchenaid makes a good one.
Honestly if its just burgers already ground beef is around the same price.

Kitchenaid makes a good one.
Honestly if its just burgers already ground beef is around the same price.
I'll double check when I go back to the store but I swear there are some cuts of beef under the price of ground beef. Ground is like $5/lb if it's not on sale

i don't have much of an opinion on grinders but i will say that if what you're going for overall is better taste then making your own ground beef is for sure the way to go, it's definitely more time consuming and labor intensive with all of the experimentation but beyond just adding different seasonings you can also combine different cuts and/or breeds of beef to make better patties. my favorite burger place uses their own blend of steak to make a perfect burger that you can't buy anywhere else instead of just buying in generic ground beef made with who knows what

i don't have much of an opinion on grinders but i will say that if what you're going for overall is better taste then making your own ground beef is for sure the way to go, it's definitely more time consuming and labor intensive with all of the experimentation but beyond just adding different seasonings you can also combine different cuts and/or breeds of beef to make better patties. my favorite burger place uses their own blend of steak to make a perfect burger that you can't buy anywhere else instead of just buying in generic ground beef made with who knows what
I feel like this is my biggest issue right now with the burgers I make. They always taste like "grocery store" burgers. On top of that I used to work as the janitor for my local grocery store and I just straight don't trust the meat department to be hygienic. Like literally the entire department was full of absolute dumb forgets.