trying to build a computer, what you people recommend?

Author Topic: trying to build a computer, what you people recommend?  (Read 1443 times)

I want to believe but my current CPU is a fx8370 and it's trash. I do know the bulldozer line was supposedly really stuff though.
swap it out with an fx 9590, trust me it'll fix everything

swap it out with an fx 9590, trust me it'll fix everything
I've thought about it but I kinda feel like spending any more money on such old tech isn't worth it. My 990FX R2.0 (Mobo) doesn't have a m.2 connection plus runs DDR3. DD3 sucks richard I've come to realize.
girl that stuff is from 2014. tf u expect
It kinda was stuff back then too in ways. It's never been able to run java very well, same thing with unity.

Bruh amd supporters switching up now that intel dropped

btw good luck finding a gpu at a decent price. i was only able to get a 3080 at a decent price by buying a prebuilt, thank forget.

It kinda was stuff back then too in ways. It's never been able to run java very well, same thing with unity.
yeah but anyway. ryzen is good. intel has fallen behind. apple moved on for a reason

btw good luck finding a gpu at a decent price. i was only able to get a 3080 at a decent price by buying a prebuilt, thank forget.
waited in queue for 302 days for a 3070 and it arrived defective

waited in queue for 302 days for a 3070 and it arrived defective
that happened to me but a year ago with a 2070 super. more like 150 ish days.
also dang 302 days is specific you have my sympathies

its literally cheaper to buy prebuilds these days forget

My recommendation is, if you have hope that it might come back down. Wait I guess.

Otherwise prebuilts are the cheaper options...

the Chip Shortage sucks.

I got the i7 insteadof the i9

I've thought about it but I kinda feel like spending any more money on such old tech isn't worth it. My 990FX R2.0 (Mobo) doesn't have a m.2 connection plus runs DDR3. DD3 sucks richard I've come to realize.It kinda was stuff back then too in ways. It's never been
yoo i had the sabertooth 990fx r2 with an fx 8350 at one point
the motherboard was loving awesome and had like 1,000,000 usb ports, too bad the cpu wasnt so great
the fx8350 had a weird ass architecture where it was 8 """cores""" but the cores were put into pairs that would share the same fpu so it was more like 8 half-cores than anything. amd was sued over this and had to settle, it was a whole thing
its literally cheaper to buy prebuilds these days forget
thats what my two brothers did to get an rtx 3070
we went to micro center like a year ago, they got prebuilts and i got my m1 mbp
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 09:24:53 PM by Mr Queeba »

I bought my old gpu  for 200 in 2015 new in the box

and now I'm seeing it being sold for 250 "refurbished"

That doesn't even make sense lol what is going on with the gpu market

can 3600 work on a cpu that doesnt list it?

I bought my old gpu  for 200 in 2015 new in the box

and now I'm seeing it being sold for 250 "refurbished"

That doesn't even make sense lol what is going on with the gpu market
scalping, which will go on forever if sites dont prohibit it.