A Final Plea to Fix Blockland

Author Topic: A Final Plea to Fix Blockland  (Read 15994 times)

I'm not sure if someone has mentioned it yet, but while Brickadia does not yet have mod support officially, there is a third-party server wrapper around called "omegga" made by the user cake. Basically it's a brickadia server wrapper, automator, and plugin runner and lets you code plugins in JavaScript / TypeScript for omegga, which lets you access functions and read variables that are exposed through the Brickadia console. So, in short, omegga basically wraps the server console. Obviously, this is not full mod support, but if you look at the omegga discord, there have been some neat plugins been made already. https://discord.gg/UcdwTYhS75 -- So a pretty good alternative to official mod support as of now.
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/brickadia-community/omegga

« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 09:38:59 AM by Cajetan² »

I mean... what's left though? Vehicles? I guess... Wrench events? I suppose... The building system is already significantly more developed, optimized and functional than blockland's. There's minigames, guns, a bucketload of cosmetics... Honestly if Brickadia had mod support right now it would already have far surpassed Blockland, especially in it's earliest retail versions like v8.
It's not really up for us to say, sure that sounds pretty much like blockland back at v9 when I first joined the community, but it's not our game, and they can do whatever they want to it and add whatever more they wish too, brickadia may have some good stuff already specially building wise but they can definitely do more. Is it for me to say? Not at all, but unless you hear confirmation it's out of alpha, then I think there's a reason it's still in alpha. Just to make it clear I do not disagree with anything you've said so far, but all I can say is have patience. What more can I really say.

I mean... what's left though? Vehicles? I guess... Wrench events? I suppose... The building system is already significantly more developed, optimized and functional than blockland's. There's minigames, guns, a bucketload of cosmetics... Honestly if Brickadia had mod support right now it would already have far surpassed Blockland, especially in it's earliest retail versions like v8.
in terms of time spent not at all lol, it's been approximately 5 years compared to the retail version of blockland being released like 3 years after v002. also i guess it's true if you ignore the existence of vehicles before v8

in terms of time spent not at all lol, it's been approximately 5 years compared to the retail version of blockland being released like 3 years after v002. also i guess it's true if you ignore the existence of vehicles before v8
Yeah but they have ummmm raytracing soooo

It's not really up for us to say, sure that sounds pretty much like blockland back at v9 when I first joined the community, but it's not our game, and they can do whatever they want to it and add whatever more they wish too
Yeah I kinda figure the same and that was my initial point. They're just having fun. Adding mod support to unreal engine is the antithesis of fun. It's not like they're asking for money. It's just that most of us are sitting around here with baited breath waiting for blockland's "spiritual successor" and as soon as Brickadia gets mod support it will be here.

I'm not sure if someone has mentioned it yet, but while Brickadia does not yet have mod support officially, there is a third-party server wrapper around called "omegga" made by the user cake.
I've seen this, it's pretty cool. I think someone managed to make a proximity voice mod with this or something? Pretty neat. I was able to replicate it for Blockland in a couple days. I guess ultimately they could add a stuffload of functionality to the console: this isn't far off from how Blockland works. But the issue of getting models/sounds/assets in and out of the game remains. When something like CityRPG is possible through this I'll be very interested

do u really think he's gonna do even half of what you asked for here

snip

and these plugins is something that really perplexed me. you can clearly tell that a lot of players like messing around with those features. and yet, the devs dont make an official version of these features at all yet