Author Topic: My cat passed away, it was a sad experience.  (Read 915 times)

As the title implies, I sadly lost my best furry friend today. She was diagnosed with cancer about a few weeks ago and she very quickly deteriorated until this morning we decided enough was enough.

It was pretty odd really, she ate loads for a week, then she ate loads and drank loads last week, and then she was just drinking loads without eating this week. She would sit in the toilet and just watch the sink to see if any water would come out. She was incredibly weak in the end of it all, my parents let her outside and she kept wondering off pretty far down my parent's road. We think she was trying to get away from the house to find somewhere quiet to die.

I have very fond memories of our old desktop with 1gb of ram playing a particular lego-inspired game (guess which one that is^) and she would sit on top of the tower, must had been pretty warm.

To be devastated is an understatement. I am just stricken with absolute grief from the loss of my tiny stupid cat.

RIP Poppy.

2008-2021

that sucks, sorry this happened. Im glad you had a lot of good memories with her, though.

the amount of pain you feel now is proportional to the amount of happiness and love you gave her. the fact that you care means that you gave her a good life. this grief will hurt and it will not ever go away, but it will lessen. do whatever you can to solidify your memories of her; write them down, draw them, etc. things will get easier eventually.

cheers lads, I keep telling myself she was just a cat so i can just "get on with it", but I know she really wasn't "just a cat".  friend of mine said to me regardless of if it's a pet or a relative, it's all the same feeling.

I lost my dog on the same day. Chester. He grew up with me. Had him since I was 6, he was my only friend when I had none. He got glaucoma recently, it cleared up pretty well, but my mom and I both knew he might have been beginning to go down that road. I was out with my dad, I got home late in the evening. It was almost like he was waiting for me to get back. I greeted him by kissing and hugging him. He got up to go somewhere, and he just collapsed. It was traumatizing to see him suddenly go like that. I love you so much buddy, I loved you more than most people, I really hope I can see you again.

I'm so sorry to hear that Cheez and Jumper, I've got a little tabby named Ivy, had her since I joined the forums and she means the world to me, like literally there's been time's she was one of the very few reasons keeping me going.