Roblox under fire for exploiting kids

Author Topic: Roblox under fire for exploiting kids  (Read 3959 times)

If Blockland survived I promised you it would have ended in a habbo hotel Esque “creep” situation.
I don't know what that means. but there have literally been open child enthusiasts here. sharing actual real child research with each other. so.

I was definitely groomed at some of point playing habbo hotel as a kid... probably..

I've always found it really weird to see Roblox as popular as it is now. Like I always expected it to stay decently active, but never reach huge mainstream heights like it has nowadays.

I've always found it really weird to see Roblox as popular as it is now. Like I always expected it to stay decently active, but never reach huge mainstream heights like it has nowadays.
if anything, it proves an exploitative business does really well for a reason

everyone likes to pretend that roblox had a downhill death spiral beginning with erik's death or ticket removal when i can vividly remember people complaining a forgetload about the game back in like 2010-2012 well before either of these events occurred
roblox has been regularly criticized ever since a couple of years after its 2006 inception and nothing has changed since
and yeah this stuff has been pretty obvious for years at least to me. unless you are one of the most popular games on the platform (adopt me) you arent going to make a significant sum from the devex program. ive viewed this as the cost of convenience: roblox provides you with the engine/distribution platform/infrastructure/etc in one package but at the consequence of roblox largely being the one reaping the rewards of your work. roblox is fine if you just want to screw around and make games for fun but if you are serious about game dev and profiting from your work then you are much better off going straight to a proper engine like unity and building from there

Yeah, Roblox's decline really started around 2011, 2012 when they got more aggressive with monetization. Ultimately it resulted in me buying Blockland in mid-2011 and honestly, it really is the better game. I joined Roblox in 2008, and realizing that 95% of the playerbase is younger than my account makes me feel loving ancient.

The creepiest thing I've ever seen was this tiktok a 6-10 year old girl made that was her dancing and a clip of her character getting forgeted in roblox.

roblox trying to sue some guy called ruben sim for actually exposing nonces on roblox lmao

roblox trying to sue some guy called ruben sim for actually exposing nonces on roblox lmao
they sued him because he rt'd someone that posted a screenshot of a video from juliuscoles threatening to shoot up roblox hq around the time of some dev conference, it was settled out of court though and ruben is legally not allowed to go on roblox anymore

edit: to clarify i meant he retweeted the video around the time of the conference, the juliuscoles video was from many many years ago
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 04:08:53 PM by HULKHOGANWWFWORLDCHAMPION »