Desktop Thread Time

Author Topic: Desktop Thread Time  (Read 2164 times)

personal information redacted
can you send me that forward.png picture and its pet gif?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 07:49:01 PM by bloody jumper »

why did you put your task bar vertical thats cursed

Simple and clean
Indeed.
Although, I think cutting the row by splitting it into two or three columns in the upper left corner
might help with contrasting the icons against the wallpaper.

(Click to fullscreen)

Mess. Usually Discord on my second monitor
Dual Monitors are very useful, but I've also found I like the convenience of multiple desktops.
Either way, this set up is very nice, love the icons surrounding the center of focus on the
main desktop wallpaper.

basic wallpaper cuz I'm lazy
Basic, yes, but spanning across two monitors is certainly something to take note of.

Side Note to Neofetch:
Neofetch needs to update their windows logo ascii art, because wow does
that windows logo look lopsided. Also it's not the correct logo for the version
of windows you're using, wtf Neofetch?

switched to linux last nov but never outgrew windows workflow

and yes that is Segoe UI
I switched around last April, I think.
Ironically, I've only recently returned to the Windows Classic style workflow.
Mostly for aesthetic, but in part because my MacOS-Esque layout didn't convert
well to XFCE.

specs: intel core i5 12600k (alder lake), 16gb ddr4, 1tb nvme, 2tb hdd, gtx 1060 6gb (cant upgrade because shortages lol)
nothing overly special but it works. im still one of those funny people that are hardwired to use desktop icons on windows
i also have an intel nuc that runs ubuntu server and hosts https://queeba.industries/ among other stuff, here's the obligatory neofetch so i can get my reddit karma
Updoot.

Also Nice wallpaper, and noticing a trend with Windows 11 users. Left aligning like classic.

I'll have a post-post theory that you might find interesting.

Ubuntu Server, nice. Haven't had a chance or a reason to use any Linux Server distros yet, how's the Experience.

WARNING: Linux Shilling Ahead!

So, over my several years of attempting to convince users to switch to Linux, the number one complaint I receive is "This looks nothing Like Internet Explorer" (the boomer/out of the loop/normie way of saying, it's unfamiliar.)

"People are Creatures of Habit", you know the saying... So here's my theory:

I believe Desktop Environments that function similarly to Windows 10/11 may be more alienating to these types of users than Desktop Environments that function and appear more like Windows 95/98/2000/XP.

I believe Xubuntu + Chicago95 + Chicagofier would be the ideal New-To-Linux experience for Non-Mac, Non-Gamer, Non-Adobe Desktop PC users ages 35+

« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 08:59:51 AM by Master Matthew² »

My window size forgeted it up

Ah.

My criticism on it being the Windows XP to Windows 7 logo still stands.

every once in a while my desktop gets pretty messy with random stuff that i get too lazy to organize
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 07:37:07 PM by Metalliku »