Adjusting to a new life

Author Topic: Adjusting to a new life  (Read 2054 times)

can confirm that as someone who's had decisions made for me my whole life, its difficult to take responsibility for all my decisions but ive been slowly breaking out of that rut
except you didnt do any actual hard time in the service or behind bars youre just an underdeveloped NEET

i apologize that was a bit rude on my part

How are your old marine buddies doing? Have anybody from there you're still on good terms with? They're probably some of the best people to help you out.
I sadly haven't deployed so my experience with combat PTSD is non-existant and I feel sorry I can't help you out more. But I know you'll pull through.

I do, one of the guys I am going back home with was in my Marine unit years ago with me. I wouldn’t say I have PTSD, just a hard time adjusting obviously. I appreciate it though, just not easy. Always gonna look back at the news and think why am I back home, gonna start seeing more friends pop up as kia, it’s not easy for any of us. Only reason I left is because of pneumonia and it was effecting me in the field.

i apologize that was a bit rude on my part
haha funny

its only half true - when in a stereotypical academic-focused asian family most of the decisions in your life are essentially made for you. when i hit college and moved away from family i had issues with picking up the slack, but didnt have gaps in my education, so i never fully qualified as a neet.

Modified my prev comment because it was actually kinda insensitive. But I’m sure you could try to find a job working with other vets or maybe work with a disaster relief organization like team rubicon?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 05:50:08 PM by Cobalt »

While I can't provide advice since I've never dealt with what your facing, I will say your experiences are.. interesting to say the least. I wish you well