how does everyone build so well

Author Topic: how does everyone build so well  (Read 2913 times)

How does someone finally get around to asking that question after they've been playing for over 10 years? Might have been a better time to ask when people actually still played...

usually by looking at other people's builds and figuring out how they do stuff.

I was very happy when minecraft came out because it let my simple brain make something that looked alright. Then everyone got good at building in that too :(

did you ever play with legos as a child?

usually by looking at other people's builds and figuring out how they do stuff.

How does someone finally get around to asking that question after they've been playing for over 10 years? Might have been a better time to ask when people actually still played...
He's been in a coma for 10 years

i just ripped off other people's styles until something stuck

my building style is a mix of Kreon's / ~2017 Remanedur's / Brickitect's

google images dot com

I was bad at building, but over the last several years I've made some builds that I'm very proud of. Being a perfectionist does NOT help at all. I don't participate in freebuilds or Fort Wars often because of this. I just can't make something on demand.

To remedy this, I actually devised two strategies. The first is recreating buildings or structures I see in real-life. The second is something I like to call "prototyping." I build something, typically a wall, hallway or structure of some sort, then I duplicate it over and over and make incremental changes, multiple designs, until I found something I absolutely love, or I just pick the best looking one. That's how I built the spawns and bases for Battle for Snowy Hills, and the spawn and weapon shop in my Trench Wars server that I plan on hosting soon. I can post some screenshots of this if you want.