Author Topic: After School Special Remake.  (Read 5533 times)

Decided to remake After School Special.
https://soundcloud.com/adrielasanchez/after-school-special-remake
And yeah hope everyone is doing fine as well lol :P

i like good remakes like this because its clear you spent a good hour or two breaking down the original to make it as faithful as possible. good job

I wasnt expecting much because when people try to remake the song it usually comes out bad or different in a way that loses touch with the original...

But this was actually really nice to listen to. Thank you

i like good remakes like this because its clear you spent a good hour or two breaking down the original to make it as faithful as possible. good job
Yeah, this took me a long while, including the organ part, but someone told me (on discord) that they emailed the composer who made the original After School Special used the Korg Prophecy and Korg N64 (Which there isn't a VST version of it of the Korg N64.) I had just the KORG Wavestation, Dexed and Prophet V5 to try to recreate After School Special.

I wasnt expecting much because when people try to remake the song it usually comes out bad or different in a way that loses touch with the original...

But this was actually really nice to listen to. Thank you
why thank you :D

the brass, organ and guitar part of the original after school special are very hard to replicate with modern vsts. omnisphere has some good guitar samples and an arpeggiator but it never sounds as full and organic like the original. the closest samples i found to the brass and organ are in yamaha's keyboard vsts. if you layer a few of them it sounds pretty close.

given the limited tools at your disposal, you  managed to nail it almost perfectly. hard work surfing vsts really pays off

...op have you not seen the drama topic and this just is a humorous coincidence?

...op have you not seen the drama topic and this just is a humorous coincidence?
there's no reason to create a correlation of after school special with ""someone"" who didn't even make the original song in the first place. plenty of other people have made their own remixes of it other than plastiware.

I heard of Plastiware drama. but he didn't create the original After School Special (Martin Dolgener did.), Plastiware just rearranged the midi version. (which people just slap a soundfont and call it a
"remix")
The reason that i remade After School Special is because I haven't been here for the past 4 years or 5? and second i wanted to make a gift for everyone here even though hardly any people are here on this forum.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 06:38:02 AM by AlexanderUltra123 »

can't wait to watch that video again 20 years from now and let the nostalgia distract me from my chronic back pain