Author Topic: Archiving the forums  (Read 1998 times)

We need to immortalize everyone's cringe posts from when they were children/teenagers but also preserve 2000s and early 2010s forum culture too I suppose, as I doubt baddy has much incentive to keep this place online anymore compared to when this was posted.

Preferably we should preserve every page of every thread as-is, rather than converting posts and threads to some gay interchange format.

i think kenko has an archive, but dont know how up to date it is since the last time i heard of it was a few years ago

i think kenko has an archive, but dont know how up to date it is since the last time i heard of it was a few years ago
As far as I can tell only Add-Ons and saves are archived there.

Kenko does have an archive of the forums, but IIRC, it's not public anywhere because of all the damning evidence and people's cringey/edgy/angsty pasts that exist on here

Kenko does have an archive of the forums, but IIRC, it's not public anywhere because of all the damning evidence and people's cringey/edgy/angsty pasts that exist on here
I'd wager most users who were here that joined before they were adults said something stupid, angsty, or cringy they'd like to forget. So I don't see why Kenko would find that a good reason to keep it off the internet, as I doubt anyone who views anyone else's past really cares that much.
If someone like Iban can dig up the evidence against him when he was a teenager and broadcast it live to his entire audience I'm sure everyone who ever posted here can face the stupid things they've said and done when they were 12 years old.

There's also risk of the entire history of forums being potentially lost if it's left to just one archiver.

evidence of what?

evidence of what?
I'm not entirely sure myself, i'm just going by what people have said any time the discussion of the forums and archiving it has ever been brought up