Author Topic: How much would you pay for blockland.us/the forums  (Read 9098 times)

Why are there so many registrations? Is that also bots? I kinda figured it's people who don't realize you need a key to post who somehow end up here from elsewhere.
it's cause the feds just hiked rates another whopping 0.75%

forums isnt worth stuff

full uncompiled codebase maybe
but theoretically better to just migrate to t3d and remake the game than try to fix the hellscape that is old tge
a full uncompiled codebase + all copyrights to blockland (to modify and distribute) then in might be worth it

blockland's copyright and/or trademark has/have been expired for at least 2 or 3 years by now

so technically up for grabs, but from what i understand even if its expired you can't just take the copyright and roll with it since the product still is available to consumers/being sold

blockland's copyright and/or trademark has/have been expired for at least 2 or 3 years by now
so technically up for grabs, but from what i understand even if its expired you can't just take the copyright and roll with it since the product still is available to consumers/being sold
copyright and trademark are vastly different, the trademark may be expired (and you are also correct that that wouldn't mean you can just use it), but none of the copyrights involved will expire until 70 years after badspot dies

copyright and trademark are vastly different, the trademark may be expired (and you are also correct that that wouldn't mean you can just use it), but none of the copyrights involved will expire until 70 years after badspot dies
foxscotch is right, i cant just up and start selling blockland binaries right now lol

technically you can if you dont mind breaking the law

wonder if badspot would even bother to sue

really blockland fashion to just push badspot to his limits

I'd pay a good amount of money just to see the contents of the Failbin.

none of the copyrights involved will expire until 70 years after badspot dies

In theory, yes. In practice, the copyright likely be irrelevant immediately. Simply put, you can't get sued for copyright infringement if there is nobody left to sue for said infringement... Pretty sure the rights would have to be passed onto someone else, and I doubt Badspot would care enough to even do that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 07:23:40 PM by stargatefan »

In theory, yes. In practice, the copyright likely be irrelevant immediately. Simply put, you can't get sued for copyright infringement if there is nobody left to sue for said infringement... Pretty sure the rights would have to be passed onto someone else, and I doubt Badspot would care enough to even do that.
they will never be left ownerless, even if you're an only child who's single with no kids and your parents and grandparents are all dead, your belongings will just go to your next of kin; cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. if they're also all dead or otherwise can't be tracked down, everything will instead go to the state, who will most likely auction it all off, and then the rights could end up with virtually anyone, certainly including highly litigious individuals
overall, it would be a bad idea

badspot would have to pay me to take ownership of these forums lol

badspot would have to pay me to take ownership of these forums lol
edgy.

edit: Alright rather than being a richard: How would you (Anyone else inclined also respond) make these forums profitable?

Or more so why aren't they?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 10:46:39 PM by Soukuw »

edgy.

edit: Alright rather than being a richard: How would you (Anyone else inclined also respond) make these forums profitable?

Or more so why aren't they?
Realistically, Badspot could break even if he shut the place down or plastered the site with more ads for the small handful of people who still post here.

Entertaining the hypothetical that Badspot wakes up tomorrow and decides to revive his game wouldn't be enough to get this place out of the situation it's in. That, and forums in general are hardly financially sustainable.

didn't badspot say years ago that he barely breaks even on the forums? maybe i'm remembering wrong, but i can't imagine the profit from the forum has gotten any better since then lol