Blockland Forums > Suggestions & Requests

Suggestion to bring back terrain and interiors with concept screens

(1/7) > >>

Antares:
Hey all,

This is gonna be the best effort to suggest and to convince why the terrain and interiors should be brought back into Blockland again. Maybe its just better to get rid of the shadows and shaders and to introduce an anti aliasing option with water reflection. The Torque Game Engine terrain still looks outstanding with the anti aliasing and it could make Blockland up to date with other Indie games out there again, but in its own unique shape and form like Minecraft is. I really call out for a 'Great Reset' update for Blockland to roll back the shadows and shaders, and roll out an update (terrain and interiors, anti aliasing and water reflection) that will keep Blockland up and running for the decade to come. This simple features will explode the retail sales and keep people addicting again to Blockland, in a positive way speaking.

This features would not only make the terrain and interiors standout much better but bricks too! So even brick creations will look outstanding. If the suggestion above wont blow you away, wait until you see the differences in the pictures below. The newly introduced features WILL make Blockland look better and it will motivate people to make new, more realistic maps. Can you imagine an oil rig on an ocean map and let your fantasy go wild with building a brick boat next to it? Or having a team deathmatch on a terrain map where you can see the players much better in the distance instead of looking at a 10 pixel shadow block?

However, there is still a Golden Era waiting in the future for Blockland and its up to Badspot to make the choice.

Click the video to see how this concept looks like in animation

Terrain differences when water reflection and anti aliasing is introduced

Interior differences when anti aliasing is introduced - The aggressive pixel line is smoothed out and interiors look much better and more realistic, and it depends on the interior drawing skills of the person

Look how well rendered the ship is in the last picture with anti aliasing and the water is reflecting its environment a bit.

adel:
this is why someone should port blockland to t3d :D
if terrain ever gets brought back it should also have a max size field so you're not limited to a 256x256 grid

RallyBlock:
You might have to make a change.org petition and post it to the BCC discord for people to sign to show any interest in bringing maps back. But even then, trying to get Badspot to update this game is going to be a task in itself.

MunkeyCheez:
looks epic.

Goth77:
Looks nice, but still want day/night cycle. I don't even care about the "shadows" part so much, as I generally keep them disabled, I just really want to keep the day/night cycle. It's nice for RPG servers and stuff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version