Author Topic: Will Badspot ever reopen new forum account creations?  (Read 2477 times)

I mean like so you're able to post on new accounts again. I know it was already shrinking, but now it's inevitable for the forum population to shrink to zero with this current status. What is Badspot doing now? He made just a single post in 2021 and then zero posts in 2022. I'm sure he's burned out on this game by now, but I feel like there's a few little things he could do to keep the game/forums a slightly more afloat. Also I really miss having fun changing ingame names  :panda:

Doubt it, and if learned anything from these past couple years we are gonna get banned one by one

I know it was already shrinking, but now it's inevitable for the forum population to shrink to zero with this current status.
That's his plan, it will give him an excuse to shut down the BLF for good when the last user goes inactive.

I know it was already shrinking, but now it's inevitable for the forum population to shrink to zero with this current status.
I'm sure that's the whole point. Disabling account creation puts a closer end-of-life on the forums instead of having it taper off for another decade.

What is Badspot doing now? He made just a single post in 2021 and then zero posts in 2022. I'm sure he's burned out on this game by now, but I feel like there's a few little things he could do to keep the game/forums a slightly more afloat.
He doesn't care.

Look at his forum posts since the genesis of this forum. He's always retained complete apathy and resentment towards the game and its community since the start and that's remained unchanged for the past almost 20 years. If he was burned out he would've sold off the game to a larger company for some 5 or 6 digits many years ago and then moved on to pursue his next project.

I'm sure that's the whole point. Disabling account creation puts a closer end-of-life on the forums instead of having it taper off for another decade.
He doesn't care.

Look at his forum posts since the genesis of this forum. He's always retained complete apathy and resentment towards the game and its community since the start and that's remained unchanged for the past almost 20 years. If he was burned out he would've sold off the game to a larger company for some 5 or 6 digits many years ago and then moved on to pursue his next project.
To be fair though, even after the key leak happened he chose to save the game and address some other bugs instead of letting it crash and burn - surely there must be some part of him that still gives a stuff? I seem to recall badspot saying that he would continue to support the game as long as people continued to play - and believe it or not quite a few people still enjoy playing blockland, myself included. of course the number of players certainly has dwindled since the key leak, there is no denying that    ):

I mean like so you're able to post on new accounts again. I know it was already shrinking, but now it's inevitable for the forum population to shrink to zero with this current status. What is Badspot doing now? He made just a single post in 2021 and then zero posts in 2022. I'm sure he's burned out on this game by now, but I feel like there's a few little things he could do to keep the game/forums a slightly more afloat. Also I really miss having fun changing ingame names  :panda:
Undoubtedly, BL could be saved with some advertisement and the forums too with some revisions. Also, Badspot mentioned something about implementing a cooldown timer so people can change their names again, they just wouldn't be able to do it as frequent as before which I think is a better solution than disabling name change entirely....unfortunately we never got to see this feature

To be fair though, even after the key leak happened he chose to save the game and address some other bugs instead of letting it crash and burn - surely there must be some part of him that still gives a stuff? I seem to recall badspot saying that he would continue to support the game as long as people continued to play - and believe it or not quite a few people still enjoy playing blockland, myself included. of course the number of players certainly has dwindled since the key leak, there is no denying that    ):
as long as this game is selling like more than one copy a month he will probably continue doing the bare minimum to keep the servers up, authentication working, etc. but the forums dont make him money at all so the fact theyre still up is a surprise. i guess he values it as an add-on and save repository.

To be fair though, even after the key leak happened he chose to save the game and address some other bugs instead of letting it crash and burn - surely there must be some part of him that still gives a stuff? I seem to recall badspot saying that he would continue to support the game as long as people continued to play - and believe it or not quite a few people still enjoy playing blockland, myself included.
I would believe this if they all were not small bug fixes that slightly incremented the build number. And, everything that ultimamax just said.

Undoubtedly, BL could be saved with some advertisement and the forums too with some revisions. Also, Badspot mentioned something about implementing a cooldown timer so people can change their names again, they just wouldn't be able to do it as frequent as before which I think is a better solution than disabling name change entirely....unfortunately we never got to see this feature
Badspot has had many an opportunity to grow his game for a long time. He got an early head start before the giants like Roblox and Minecraft were even a sparkle in the eyes of their developers.
He's accused forum members of still trying to get full-fledged content updates for a game they spent $20 when they were still kids, all while Minecraft was becoming a internationally recognized game for half the price and Roblox's upfront cost to play was free.

Point is, yeah, Blockland and its community could be fully resurrected given substantial updates to the game and with an advertising effort, but neither of those will happen. Because Blockland's developer is Badspot.

hes said before that it costs pennies to keep the master server and forum up, probably cause he hosts all his stuff off the same box so its just bundled into the cost of keeping his own website alive. fortunately he hasn't been bothered enough to want to go through the effort to delete this place just yet.

-snip- pursue his next project.

we've all seen how his other projects went

we've all seen how his other projects went
love degenerate brainrot  :cookieMonster: :cookie: