Blockland Forums > Modification Help

Normal & Parallax Mapped Studs (Release)

(1/2) > >>

BloxersPost:
I've been holding onto these for a while thinking I'll patch them up further, but after some time I think I'm just going to shove them out there for anyone to try.
I'm too lazy to do anything else with it right now, so feel free to contribute and redistribute. Just please get ahold of me if you do, I'd be interested to see where it goes.

Round studs by Kokonut & Pandan

Example stud atlas texture:

The bottom left of the image is information for the shader letting it know this is a custom atlas map.
The bottom right is the heightmap for parallax effect.
The top left is the albedo.
The top right is the normal map.

Installation
Download from https://drive.google.com/file/d/10S3uadoyo0apghOTCg7s8y3g8lM-6vSY/view?usp=sharing
Replace shaders/renderCsm_frag.glsl with the one provided in the zip.
Replace base/data/shapes/brickTOP.png with the one provided in the zip.

Make sure your shaders are on in your settings, or your studs will look terrible
Your studs will look terrible to anyone who do not have the shader, there is no workaround for this as of now

soldier101@:
neato

Mr.Annoying:
Curious to see what it would look like for someone without the shaders installed.

Masterlegodude:

--- Quote from: Mr.Annoying on March 08, 2023, 06:04:50 PM ---Curious to see what it would look like for someone without the shaders installed.

--- End quote ---
Shaders are client side, so i imagine it would just look normal to them unless you've changed the brickTOP texture

BloxersPost:

--- Quote from: Mr.Annoying on March 08, 2023, 06:04:50 PM ---Curious to see what it would look like for someone without the shaders installed.

--- End quote ---

Each stud will look like the bottom atlas template to them, given they download your server textures (usually happens) & do not have the mod. This is due to the shader actually mapping each stud manually using those 3 quadrants, one of them being the identifier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version