Author Topic: general discussion thread i guess (borrowed time edition)  (Read 5834 times)

I never got when people said they were bad builder. Its literally Lego's, everyone's style is different there isn't really a wrong way to build with Lego's.
there is

Those are some sick planes.

Anyway I saw the barbie movie with the wife and some buddies, great movie.
Ken is literally me

Ken is literally me
ryan gosling? oh yeah. new personality dropped

quote author=Mr Queeba link=topic=328178.msg10082289#msg10082289 date=1690072461]
there is
[/quote]

I see nothing wrong with this build. Its a little sparse, and If more time was spent it could look vetter
, but its by no means bad.

Those are some sick planes.

Ken is literally me
Was joking with someone about seeing it this morning, but then realized they were serious. Why does my home wanna see barbie? I don't get it.

Ken is literally me

Barbie was the stuff, i have yet to see the movie but it looks really promising

it really speaks to people who grew up in the 90s-2000s where everything Barbie was offensively hot pink and it was all about Malibu beach houses

i also love all the fairytale stuff they did for a while, actually as i type this a huge stuffed Swan from an old Barbie move i had on VHS is staring at me with its 3 inch eyelashes and glittery eyelids

im hoping to see references to real toy sets lol

there is
i feel bad about the things i posted in that thread (as lego lad), i had totally scrubbed that from my mind. I had a tendency to put others down to make myself look better/funny

there is

Queeba has had this one already in the chamber for ten years.

We were/are always so mean on here about people posting builds, like this wasn't a forum made up of mostly 12-15 year olds sharing their lego builds for likely the first time to anyone other than a parent or friend.

I mean, those weren't good "planes" technically, but how many people do you think we've bullied off this game for posting amateur builds who just went over to roblox or some competitor where they had room to grow and it turned out they were fantastic builders and they just needed practice.

We created our own little cult community; for the longest time I was too afraid to post anything I'd made in fear of being mocked. Obviously we still persevered, but I think of all the times I was so genuinely embarrassed for even having shared something I was proud of, regardless of quality, that I was ready to give up and abandon this game and find something else.

barbie was a hilarious movie, and it was quite fun talking about all the ken implications afterwards too, like how they're all still pretty much pleasure slaves to the barbies