Author Topic: Hol-E-FUK how y'all still alive  (Read 4628 times)

How is this community still together?
Is Badspot dead?

Sorry if the questions are stupid. I like to revisit every once in a while for nostalgia reasons. I would very much appreciate if anyone could catch me up with what's going on in the community.
 Is it just the stone cold veterans still around? If so what have you all been up to on here?

Hope everyone is doing alright as well, cheers. :)  :cookie:

Same reason you came back:

Is Badspot dead?
You picked the day of all days to revisit. Badspot is alive and has made 5 posts and 2 edits today. It really is a event.

Your questions arent stupid but it wouldnt hurt for you to look around a bit while youre here.

All the regulars are still here, as of recent news some of my fellow spammers are gone. Fuzztoast got banned and King tony retired. Other than that I, dont know what exactly you mean by veterans. Forums Users/Players have a overlap but they are not the same group (sadly).

If you really want a full recap, check out the BL forums history thread, I think they added some stuff to it. Also recently BL glass got hacked, so there goes that. Game is the lowest its been but im sure well pull through.

Not much going on here. Everyones giving their last hoorah as blockland player count drops. Todays been active. Some weekends youll get a couple good servers running. Life goes on until only one blockhead is left standing or badspot pulls the plug. (or in a alternate universe releases source code)

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 12:14:12 AM by soldier101@ »

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I see we all are cursed to forever return to this game lmao.

I'll take a look around and catch up fully. I don't even remember if I made a BLGlass account O_O
Let's hope BL pulls through  :cookieMonster:

No problem, and it will... or it wont. Anoter day in the dunya

You picked the day of all days to revisit. Badspot is alive and has made 5 posts and 2 edits today. It really is a event.
that doesn't really solidify how much it is the day of all days to revisit and ask that question, he's practically been MIA on the forums for several years only banning people on occasion, but today/yesterday he abruptly showed up with several posts, so he REALLY picked the day of all days to revisit.

how the forum is still together i have no idea. i guess most of us just keep coming back as a habit, most of the community has since migrated from the forum over to discord servers, which i think is what is keeping the wider community together. without them i don't think we'd see anybody playing anymore. it's thanks to those servers that we still have new content to keep the heart beating (albeit rarely nowadays)

I would very much appreciate if anyone could catch me up with what's going on in the community.
Is it just the stone cold veterans still around? If so what have you all been up to on here?
we still have new people showing up but that's not common anymore, we did get a recent "surge" (it was probably like two people at most) that came from a video that mentioned blockland
but basically yeah it's primarily just veterans. v20 is still a recent memory to most of us, if that helps to get a good grasp

as for what's been going on, nothing major except for the blockland glass breach but soldier101 brought that up already. there's two gamemodes that have been pretty successful on bl, age of dungeons and farming, can get a good party of people on those at certain times. there's also someone working on updating blockland, biggest features i can recall from it is being able to download addons from a server whilst it's running and whilst you're playing, missing an addon? simple as just enabling it and it gets sent to all of the clients. pretty handy. shaders have also been made to work with maps (according to badspot this just wasn't feasible but here we have somebody only able to reverse engineer managing to get it working). but don't get your hopes up because this project will probably suffer from a lot of problems, likely mismanagement considering the specific community it's being developed in and also the fact it can't easily advertise itself, it's a niche community inside of an already niche community, so probably won't be a lot of people flowing into it i honestly think restarting on a new engine and new community is the best way forward though, so i might be a little biased about this project

i don't know how long you've been away for but if it's been a long time, then the other major thing on the block is brickadia, a successor game that started development a few years back but god it is plagued with so much controversy, child enthusiasts, very poor moderation, terrible project management, awful community yadayada. good building mechanics and nice website design but that's all the positives i have to say about it

but we haven't been up to much except the same old things. freebuilds, speedkarts, dms, roleplays, and just hanging out outside of bl.

Thank you Eggs for the in depth overview. I very much appreciate as I always have loved this community and game and like to know how its performing. I'm also happy to have come on the day Badspot has returned LMAO.

that doesn't really solidify how much it is the day of all days to revisit and ask that question, he's practically been MIA on the forums for several years

I just read his replies. Absolute chad developer. If ONLY HE WOULD GIVE US SOURCE CODE SMH :((((
also hope he doesnt shut down the forums :((

shaders have also been made to work with maps (according to badspot this just wasn't feasible but here we have somebody

HOLY stuff!! I did not read this at first. I forgot that you could load maps back into BL but now they're developing shaders to work as well?!?!?!!? I always loved maps and hated that they were removed. Good to hear that there's people still wanting them back. I wont get too excited but I really do hope they pull through with this. Maybe it's what BL needs.......

i love your enthusiasm

i love your enthusiasm
Yeah Really nice to have someone not so jaded around.

HOLY stuff!! I did not read this at first. I forgot that you could load maps back into BL but now they're developing shaders to work as well?!?!?!!? I always loved maps and hated that they were removed. Good to hear that there's people still wanting them back. I wont get too excited but I really do hope they pull through with this. Maybe it's what BL needs.......
b4v21 discord:
https://discord.gg/Sf4MRjS

we live to spite the server hosting the forum