Author Topic: general discussion thread i guess (borrowed time edition)  (Read 6038 times)

in these trying times where everything here can end at any moment, let's just chat for a while until the inevitable sunset comes for us all.

this is sort of a spiritual successor to those day/night discussion topics and other similar ones that may have preceded them in the past, just chat about anything you want that wouldn't guarantee a new thread.

stuff to consider:

-try to keep stuffposting as low as you possibly can: we dont want to clutter up things up too much like previous times
-be chill, be cool, be groovy: don't be an ass/try to start up a fight for no reason
-idk really: just have fun!

I like how this forum is just a bunch of people struggling with their own mortality. Badspots got his finger just inches away from the self destruct button and theres nothing we can do.

Were all basically the average 1950s American nuclear family.

let's just chat for a while until the inevitable sunset comes for us all.

Correction, the inevitable sun. This is ground zero.

(this is badspot, don't let anyone fool you into believing that this is some hotshot hollywood actor with a funny name or anything.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 10:46:07 PM by Tea »

You'd think after multiple years of operating on 'borrowed time', y'all would be used to the idea of the gun firing at any minute, but I guess not.

anyone remember jjstorm's old city roleplay? i remember one rendition on trashman's world 4(?) where they had mini nukes, 9(?) year old me set up a button that spawned a stuffton across the city. i have no idea how i wasn't banned for that desu

You'd think after multiple years of operating on 'borrowed time', y'all would be used to the idea of the gun firing at any minute, but I guess not.
i think that he was planning on putting us out of our misery when writing that, but decided against it for whatever reason - must have calmed down after the post or something.

'borrowed time' at this point means how long he'll put up with self hosting the forums and by extension core blockland servers
we obviously don't make him the kind of money back during the forums and the games prime era(s), especially when registration is permabusted and badspot can't rake in the alt money anymore.
i'd say we've got another year or two before judgement day, the second sign of the prophecy is already here with badspot becoming an inactive lurker for over a year now.

I hope I am there for the end.

Funnily enough, despite registration being down and people having a doomer mindset for this game, I'm seeing a lot more unfamiliar faces than before.