Author Topic: blockland rebuilt  (Read 28310 times)

Update since I've been playing Blockland Rebuilt for a few days  now:
I'm obsessed and it makes me so happy that someone made this. Especially that they did it without expecting financial compensation or anything like that. BLR really brought back all the things in BL I thought were gone forever and would only be remembered as nostalgia.
p.s. I had to disable Windows security settings in order to download all of the files and get the entire thing to work. i would take this in exchange for a computer virus any day

I had to disable Windows security settings in order to download all of the files and get the entire thing to work.

Uhh I didnt even have to do that and im paranoid you might wanna double check the file you got.

is there a way to play this if you have a steam blockland account? its asking for the authentication key which doesn't exist for steam users.

is there a way to play this if you have a steam blockland account? its asking for the authentication key which doesn't exist for steam users.
B4v21 uses it's own authentication key system, so you have to log in with your Steam account on the website, go to your profile, go to 'edit account', and from there you can recover your authentication key

Tell me you never played b4v21 before without telling me you never played b4v21.

Uhh I didnt even have to do that and im paranoid you might wanna double check the file you got.
I checked a few times and even had some other people look into it, so maybe we just have different versions of Windows or different security settings?
Also
Is there anyone who will do commissioned mods for Rebuilt. There are some blocks based on Lego blocks that I am desperate to be able to use

mods for bl generally are the same for mods for blr

dm me if you would like bricks made. that said i prefer discord, you can find me by joining the blockland content creators/bcc discord

what can you do on rebuilt that you cant do in the retail version

Play on terrain and interior maps that are more vehicle friendly than bricks, fix broken code, functional elevators, maybe some optimizations that the default game needed but Badspot would never implement at this point, and whatever else is in the trailer in the OP

Its basically the unofficial update we all needed but didnt deserve for blockland.

fix broken code
did they open source it? last i heard if you tried to change the code the game wouldn't let you launch

did they open source it? last i heard if you tried to change the code the game wouldn't let you launch
Aren't they unable to open source it due to legal reasons?

I'm really not sure how this works, but in my assumption, it's because the developers are like a closed group of people, so as the developers of a modification of a retail game, they can have access to the game's files and make changes to them, but we, as the consumers, are not allowed direct access to those files, like how we don't have access to those files with actual Blockland (outside of Electrk's decompiles), and i think that's where they had to draw the line

Again, this is all one big assumption, so i might even be wrong, but that's how i see it
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 02:54:48 PM by Masterlegodude »

Aren't they unable to open source it due to legal reasons?

I'm really not sure how this works, but in my assumption, it's because the developers are like a closed group of people, so as the developers of a modification of a retail game, they can have access to the game's files and make changes to them, but we, as the consumers, are not allowed direct access to those files, like how we don't have access to those files with actual Blockland (outside of Electrk's decompiles), and i think that's where they had to draw the line

Again, this is all one big assumption, so i might even be wrong, but that's how i see it
the impression i got from your post was that code can now be fixed by anyone rather than just clay kenko and whoever else

the impression i got from your post was that code can now be fixed by anyone rather than just clay kenko and whoever else
Oh whoops, i just kinda threw that in there because there's a channel in the Discord for reporting bugs and there's actually an active development team of more than one person, so it's more likely to see long time bugs and errors be fixed in Rebuilt than in actual Blockland

Probably should have elaborated on that...