Roblox

Author Topic: Roblox  (Read 19711 times)

Roblox is... diffrent, compared to roblox. But the thing about Roblox is it allows anyone to go and build their own server and go online and do stuff, while Blocklands demo..doesnt. Roblox will always beat blockland because the whole game is free, unless you want to upgrade your account. Here, you only get a demo. Its annoying. I just tried the demo. ITs alright, but all the keys and stuff gets annoying. I had a hard time building because it would be easier to drag the brick instead of having to move it little by little.

Of course, your game is a bit more stable. But roblox is still in alpha.

And to everyone who complains about the immature kids..Roblox is advertised as a safe game. You can swear and do whatever you want here, but Roblox wants their game to be safe. Thats why roblox has over 250,000 members, and you guys dont.

And those who complain about the suckky servers: Since half of the players are kids, they make very bad games. You need to go to the best built places in order to see what Roblox really is. IF you want to see, go to People and search up "Miked" Hes one of the best.

And dont get me started on in-game coding. I hear you guys are ripping that from Roblox, if your Wikipedia article is correct. Lua is good to use. People are creating RPGs and PAintball, minigame worlds ETC with Lua. You cant beat that.

Scream at me all you want.
WE CAN BEAT THAT MORON.

Many many people have made RPGs, including myself. We have minigames & minigame worlds and a paintball gun was released.

Why is it that every roblox defender that comes on here thinks that there are mods you can make in LUA you cant make in other programming languages? I don't care what stuff those developers of yours have been feeding you, LUA is not the answer to all of lifes problems, nor can it cure the giant tumors growing in your head.

As for the building, I have a hard time building on Roblox because it would be easier if I could just move it over a little bit so I could get it precisely where I want it instead of waving it around like a moron until it gets in the right place.

Blockland's demo doesn't, but the full version does. The price is not an issue, if it is you shouldn't be on a computer, hippy.

Another reason why Blockland doesnt have as many people, is because nobody here makes any "Bloopers", The sole reason ROBLOX got popular was because people made movies with humor in them, When I search blockland on youtube, I only see videos showcasing the stuff you're making, or videos telling you to join, well, People come here, but the price tag for the game drive people away, they would rather register than pay for something that they might get bored of in like, a month. I've even asked a friend what he thinks, Since he used to be a player.

My friend (9:13:46 PM): Community is generally unfriendly, building and creating is extremely limited, gets repetitive
Me (9:14:00 PM): What about ROBLOX?
My friend (9:14:27 PM): Community is a bit noobish, but it never gets old and you can make anything

There you have it.

My friend (9:13:46 PM): Community is generally unfriendly, building and creating is extremely limited, gets repetitive
My friend (9:14:27 PM): Community is a bit noobish, but it never gets old and you can make anything
That's why he's on the Roblox side. My guess it's that it's faked or he never played Retail.
Also, all Roblox videos I watched weren't funny at all. They just stole random sounds and put them onto a random stuff video.

Those "Bloopers" are only game clips with sounds added. Also, the price tag is only $20 and it's better than going into a "free" game and realizing that you're extremely limited. (Example: Unless you get Builder's club on Roblox, you can only have one place which means you'd have to switch them when you want something new and have kids yell at you because they liked the old one.)

Orange text = my responses.
My friend (9:13:46 PM): Community is generally unfriendly(I'll have to agree on that one. But, you can go in peacefully without causing problems), building and creating is extremely limited ("Extremely limited"? Quite the exagerration), gets repetitive(Ugh. People are making addons, which means unless you can't be very creative and can't build anything it can't get old.)
My friend (9:14:27 PM): Community is a bit noobish"A bit noobish"? What the heck? It's VERY noobish.), but it never gets old and you can make anything(with a "one person only building system that is very frustrating when the mouse goes too far or you forgot to lock a few bricks and when it goes online it immediately falls apart and you're forced to go back and find the unlocked bricks. Another problem with the building is that unless you know LUA, you can't make anything interesting compared to anything else. And ROBLOX's tutorials and introductions to LUA aren't very informative to me.)
Remember, I was a ROBLOX player in the past so I know what I'm talking about.

One thing I greatly dislike about Roblox are the developers.

Every single person who is in a flame war and is on the Roblox side always ends up using the excuse of "Oh, but Roblox is only in it's beta stage!" Yes, we realize that it's only in it's beta stage, but that doesn't give it a reason to suck.
No to mention that if it's in the Beta stage, the developers shouldn't be making completely loving pointless things such as a birthday hat which I'm sure could be implemented by a users add-on and furthermore they make you pay around $3 for it.
Also, the servers in Roblox seem to be very limited. Yes, with the client itself the possabilities are endless, but last time I checked, the whole point of the game is online play. When you go online to pick your server, it's either a DM, a challenge, or walk around like a handicap not knowing what to do due to craptastic maps and add-ons. On Blockland you have a wide range of activites that are available on almost every single server. Users can work on builds together and help eachother, they can come up and create new and innovative minigames within a matter of seconds, no need to ever close to client. Unlike roblox, where to create something fun and unique you are almost always required to quit online, make your desired changes using LUA code, which the community fails at, and then launch it again.

It all comes down to this:
If it's in the Beta stage, stop bitching about how great it is when it really isn't. This looks like another excuse for a poor game developer to make money.
Come back once it's finished.

Roblox is... diffrent, compared to roblox. But the thing about Roblox is it allows anyone to go and build their own server and go online and do stuff, while Blocklands demo..doesnt. Roblox will always beat blockland because the whole game is free, unless you want to upgrade your account. Here, you only get a demo. Its annoying. I just tried the demo. ITs alright, but all the keys and stuff gets annoying. I had a hard time building because it would be easier to drag the brick instead of having to move it little by little.

Of course, your game is a bit more stable. But roblox is still in alpha.

And to everyone who complains about the immature kids..Roblox is advertised as a safe game. You can swear and do whatever you want here, but Roblox wants their game to be safe. Thats why roblox has over 250,000 members, and you guys dont.

And those who complain about the suckky servers: Since half of the players are kids, they make very bad games. You need to go to the best built places in order to see what Roblox really is. IF you want to see, go to People and search up "Miked" Hes one of the best.

And dont get me started on in-game coding. I hear you guys are ripping that from Roblox, if your Wikipedia article is correct. Lua is good to use. People are creating RPGs and PAintball, minigame worlds ETC with Lua. You cant beat that.

Scream at me all you want.
WE CAN BEAT THAT MORON.

Many many people have made RPGs, including myself. We have minigames & minigame worlds and a paintball gun was released.

Why is it that every roblox defender that comes on here thinks that there are mods you can make in LUA you cant make in other programming languages? I don't care what ice cream those developers of yours have been feeding you, LUA is not the answer to all of lifes problems, nor can it cure the giant tumors growing in your head.

As for the building, I have a hard time building on Roblox because it would be easier if I could just move it over a little bit so I could get it precisely where I want it instead of waving it around like a moron until it gets in the right place.

Blockland's demo doesn't, but the full version does. The price is not an issue, if it is you shouldn't be on a computer, hippy.
It just creates those.  :cookieMonster: I think torquescript is better.

That's why he's on the Roblox side. My guess it's that it's faked or he never played Retail.
Also, all Roblox videos I watched weren't funny at all. They just stole random sounds and put them onto a random ice cream video.
Actually, not ALL of them are, For instance, I am currently making a Dramatic series, and a friend of mine makes a few videos that are getting popular, This is our latest one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WQu5uPPfqa0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OtXsCsyESu0

And yes, He played retail, When I told him about Blockland he told me he already had it, but didnt like it.

Ew.
Those videos are horrible.

1. The text has been slapped on.
2. I can see the GUI and the chat menu
3. Camera lags
4. That wasn't funny, nor dramatic, that was plain stupidity.
"There's no killing tools here" "ORLY?"
That was a really sad attempt, you should be ashamed.

You really didn't put any effort into this.
I don't understand why Roblox users are giving you 5 stars for this. It's garbage.
I guess they are used to watching utter ice cream and so when you give them plastic they praise you, if you know what I mean.

- Your friend didn't like Blockland because Blockland is all about playing with others, it's no fun alone. Obviously being the stupid sob that he is, no one wanted to play with him.

Ew.
Those videos are horrible.

1. The text has been slapped on.
2. I can see the GUI and the chat menu
3. Camera lags
4. That wasn't funny, nor dramatic, that was plain stupidity.
"There's no killing tools here" "ORLY?"
That was a really sad attempt, you should be ashamed.

You really didn't put any effort into this.
I don't understand why Roblox users are giving you 5 stars for this. It's garbage.
I guess they are used to watching utter ice cream and so when you give them plastic they praise you, if you know what I mean.

- Your friend didn't like Blockland because Blockland is all about playing with others, it's no fun alone. Obviously being the stupid sob that he is, no one wanted to play with him.

I never said the dramatic series was done, I'm still working on it, and Windows Movie maker FTL, and I did not make the video.

Those "Bloopers" are only game clips with sounds added. Also, the price tag is only $20 and it's better than going into a "free" game and realizing that you're extremely limited. (Example: Unless you get Builder's club on Roblox, you can only have one place which means you'd have to switch them when you want something new and have kids yell at you because they liked the old one.)

Orange text = my responses.
My friend (9:13:46 PM): Community is generally unfriendly(I'll have to agree on that one. But, you can go in peacefully without causing problems), building and creating is extremely limited ("Extremely limited"? Quite the exagerration), gets repetitive(Ugh. People are making addons, which means unless you can't be very creative and can't build anything it can't get old.)
My friend (9:14:27 PM): Community is a bit noobish"A bit noobish"? What the heck? It's VERY noobish.), but it never gets old and you can make anything(with a "one person only building system that is very frustrating when the mouse goes too far or you forgot to lock a few bricks and when it goes online it immediately falls apart and you're forced to go back and find the unlocked bricks. Another problem with the building is that unless you know LUA, you can't make anything interesting compared to anything else. And ROBLOX's tutorials and introductions to LUA aren't very informative to me.)
Remember, I was a ROBLOX player in the past so I know what I'm talking about.

They fixed that, A long time ago, You can get Used to the Noobs, or just go into supersafe mode and ignore them,  People are making they're OWN tutorials, Heck, They helped me learn Lua in only a few days.

Tylerburrito (10:06:48 PM): ROBLOX is still in beta. And I like it more than Blockland.
Tylerburrito (10:07:14 PM): Not to mention it gets upgraded every week or so. It's probably a lot more stable than what he's used to.

The devs of roblox continue to deny that blockland has a rocket launcher as well.
Stupidest roblox dev quote:
Quote from: MrDoomBringer
and the one thing that will always blow Blockland out of the water:

Lua.
Yes, he honestly thinks a coding language that maybe 1/100th of the players can use is going to blow blockland away.

Also while I was on GGE and found that quote I also saw this. Made my day(see bolded)
review of blockland:
This game is full of jerks, they call everybody noobs, there are no physics in this game what-so-ever, it's very very very hard to modify this game, the graphics look like junk, it doesent work on windows XP, it only works on Vista! how stupid is that?! it lags allot when playing online, if you ask somebody on how to play they just call you a handicap, the forum is full of jerks too!

note: this will not have much relevance because like 7 posts took place before I could post it.

The devs of roblox continue to deny that blockland has a rocket launcher as well.
Stupidest roblox dev quote:
Quote from: MrDoomBringer
and the one thing that will always blow Blockland out of the water:

Lua.
Yes, he honestly thinks a coding language that maybe 1/100th of the players can use is going to blow blockland away.

Also while I was on GGE and found that quote I also saw this. Made my day(see bolded)
review of blockland:
This game is full of jerks, they call everybody noobs, there are no physics in this game what-so-ever, it's very very very hard to modify this game, the graphics look like junk, it doesent work on windows XP, it only works on Vista! how stupid is that?! it lags allot when playing online, if you ask somebody on how to play they just call you a handicap, the forum is full of jerks too!

note: this will not have much relevance because like 7 posts took place before I could post it.

I can agree on some of it :/

And Lua is a great thing, It helped create planes, cars, rockets, walking robots, weapons, teapot turret with a gravity hammer and a satelite, Artificial inteligence, killbots, Terrain morphers, cloning machines, Minigames, Telekinesis, Pinball machines, Dare I go on?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:20:31 PM by rawrman »

Same goes for Torque Script.
I feel like punching you for being such an elitist friend.

Hey Rawrman, if you're gonna go report to a mod or something can you go invite them over for this great flamewar we're having

They seem to completely ignore alot of the stuff they say to us.

For one, they say LUA beats the crap out of Blockland. We say "No actually we have something pretty close to that" and they don't notice at all. No-one does. And because we can't post it on your forums, we can't show it to you personally. You're making an eternal flame burn only because you guys either can't accept the truth or haven't noticed the truth. Come on, grow up.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:41:28 PM by Bushido »

Hey Rawrman, if you're gonna go report to a mod or something can you go invite them over for this great flamewar we're having

They seem to completely ignore alot of the stuck they say to us.

For one, they say LUA beats the crap out of Blockland. We say "No actually we have something pretty close to that" and they don't notice at all. No-one does. And because we can't post it on your forums, we can't show it to you personally. You're making an eternal flame burn only because you guys either can't accept the truth or haven't noticed the truth. Come on, grow up.

Rombom? or Mrdoombringer?

You tell us to grow up, when you guys criticize us for the way we play, the way we script, the way we look, and the way we do things? I believe it is YOU who should grow up.