Author Topic: What do ppl think about Runescape?  (Read 7604 times)

You have to pay for the 2-d version, the good version. I don't like it anymore.
I too, liked classic more.

Theres addicting, fun games, and then theres runescape. You can choose one of these paths:
1. PVP and get verbally assaulted by 12 year olds.
2. Play a Boring PVE with long drawn out quests that take 30 minutes alone of just walking.
3. Grind your way into highscores, aka a FULL time job.
4. Try to sell things for a living, and get yelled at EVEN MORE, by the crazy 12 year olds.
5. While doing all the above, be bored as hell but still want to play the strangely addictive game.

All in all, a "Fun" Game :P

Theres addicting, fun games, and then theres runescape. You can choose one of these paths:
1. PVP and get verbally assaulted by 8 year olds.
2. Play a Boring PVE with long drawn out quests that take 30 minutes alone of just walking.
4. Try to sell things for a living, and get yelled at EVEN MORE, by the crazy 8 year olds.
5. While doing all the above, be bored as hell but still want to play the strangely addictive game.
6. Hack people

It's the most addicting game I have ever played. It's also the only game that I was bored while playing. I eventually broke the addiction though. Anyone want my Level 73? :cookieMonster:
Yes plz, I like making 8 year olds pitch hissy fits, pm me the shit.

You think after putting that much time and work into it, I'm just gonna give it away? Meh, I'm gonna keep it just in case.

D: I'm not a large nerd so I'll never get that high.

Your a nerd, just not in runescape  :cookieMonster: Just kidding but on the topic of all that work, I gave my level 79 account to a friends little sister as soon as I heard her say something about runescape :P. She ran around the house going crazy until her bro told her to shut up XD

4. Try to sell things for a living, and get yelled at EVEN MORE, by the crazy 12 year olds.

Sounds alot like most MMOs out there. Only difference is that there are less 12 year olds because Blizzard loves raping millions for their overpriced service.

What's wrong with being a twelve year old if you're mature?

Sounds alot like most MMOs out there. Only difference is that there are less 12 year olds because Blizzard loves raping millions for their overpriced service.
EXACTLY! less annoying kids who cant speak = more fun!

I guess we 'ppl' have separate opinions on Runescape.

Meh, I loved it. Then it got old. Then Jagex pandaed it up.

That exactly expresses how I feel about it.

i haev levl 90 if anyone wants it (FOAR A PRICES)

Bisjac is a player mod, level 106. i played since rune was in beta, with its 1 server and those 300 people lol.
was a different world then, the developers at that time played with us lots, and there were no kids at all. our suggestions for new content almost always got used lol. they had them out in like 2 weeks. new quest or skill or area.

the community just ruined the game. thats a sad but easy way to tell if i know i will like a multiplayer game:
cheap costing or free= to many pandaing kids
any ice creamty computer can play it = to many god pandaing kids!

the game does have its over simple grinding that will make your head explode. there is tons of pvp stuff to do, and tons of new content is added like bi weekly for the last 6 years.
and i love its unique game engine they made for themselves (using java of course) it has some crazy unique compression, within a browser. See the game didnt have preloading of nearby areas, or a cache that did anything but hold the current playing midi. however an entire 50meg area can load up in a second, including all other player data.

i wouldn't recommend playing any game with SOOOOO many children first time gamers.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:10:59 AM by Bisjac »