Author Topic: Buildable Cars? Who'da thunk it?  (Read 2550 times)

While browsing through my earlier computer games from about 6 or 7 years ago, I found a game similar to Blockland called Lego Creator.  This game was THE stuff when I got it, and it has a few features I liked.  Maybe put some of these in v9.  Feel free to rate these ideas, but no flaming plz.

1.  It had a set of different wheels that you could attatch to anything and make a vehicle, and a set of jets that you could make any plane or helicopter with.  Simply put three of four wheels and a chair on any brick, and you're good to go.  There was also an antenna that you could put on any vehicle and make it remote-controllable.  I think it would be awesome if Blockland could incorperate this "build your own vehicles" concept into live gameplay.

2.  With a press of a button, you could select an individual brick or the whole group of bricks it was touching and move them, copy them, change their color or properties, or delete them.

3.  You could easily set a path that a vehicle would travel automatically.  You could also choose for the vehicle to follow the roads that you built.  This concept could also be applied to people; you could set a path for them to walk. 

4.  You could place a brick anywhere you wanted as long as it wasn't intersecting any terrain.  Even in the air.

Tell me what you think about these ideas and whether or not you think they can be put into v9.

already been discussed. you need engine changes to build a vehicle. just make one in ms3d. we dont want floaty briks. GTFO

Never going to happen :(

Who'da thunk it?
About ten people before you, including myself.

Actually, I'd say at least 100, if not 500 or 1000.

Alternate possibility : add a new class of bricks just for this purpose.

Engine additions, but not many changes, I would think.

Is lego creator free now? :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 05:55:21 PM by Pwn »

1. not possible

2. duplicator wand and fill can

3. possible i think

4. Not possible

Just a note on 4... WHY?

already been discussed. you need engine changes to build a vehicle. just make one in ms3d. we dont want floaty briks. GTFO
Who'da thunk it?
About ten people before you, including myself.
Actually, I'd say at least 100, if not 500 or 1000.
Well guys, forgive me for not wasting 30 minutes of my time going through the suggestion forum and making sure no one has talked about it before.  Just tryin to think of some ideas to make Blockland better.  No need to reply like I'm an ass hole noob either.

Just did a search for any topics or posts matching any of the words "cars" "you" "can" or "build" in the Suggestions and Requests Forum and its Archive.  Found 4 people who had any trace of what I was thinking.  1000? ... no.  500? ... no.  100? ... no.  10? ... still no.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:25:56 PM by Viklas122 »

i have lego creater its an old game. i use to play it but its kinda hard to use. But i loved it

Using bricks to build vehicle = no, using models to attach to other models to build vehicles = yes.

Tri

I agree with packer, I don't know if you can mount the current brix data onto a vehicle to match a building pattern.

I was thinking that any bricks attached to the wheel(s) would have to have physics applied to them.  I suppose it wouldn't be really hard because you already have the model of the brick; then again I don't know anything about scripting and physics and such.  Also, there'd have to be some option to enable your built vehicle to turn from a set of bricks into a car with physics and vice versa, because if the wheel brick were a vehicle, it'd be hard to align the wheels to fit a platform for the floor of the car.

As for the set vehicle paths, I think the "remote control" add-on would be a start, combined with some kind of motion recording... uh... script...? add on...?

I don't know where this idea will lead you guys (or even if it leads you at all), and whether you think its stupid or not.  Btw thanks to Tri, Packer, Tails, and Anti-Cop for actuallly considering that the idea has any hint of possibility and for not flaming.  :)

i posted origonal idea they said retail bricks are not ment to move to solve lag issues