Author Topic: HL2: Havok  (Read 1764 times)

I downloaded it, i'm trying it now. It's a pretty lightweight mod, only being like 33 megs. I like minimods.

Maybe i'll try to map for it.

I don't think this is the sort of mod you make maps for...

I finished it, it was sort of interesting. Some of the dialog was stuff like "Shoot the glass. Watch the barrels fall. Now shoot the blocks. Listen to the sound they make." I think it might have been more interesting if they actually talked about some of the calculations and optimizations the engine uses behind the scenes to make stuff move.

It would be cool to map puzzles for though, since its a minimod and it seems like a mod that you would do that for.

Also, how do you use the commentary? I spam it with e, I even binded use to e in case it wasn't already bound.

Try using Primary fire, there was commentary in TF2 and thats how it worked.

I can't use buttons either, and hitting the commentary or buttons don't work. I also noticed that it doesn't make that  "can't use" sound when you hit e randomly, so I think something is wrong with my use function/bind/whatever.

Typing "bind e use" in the console should have fixed it, but it didn't.

open the options and change the use key.

Yeah, completely missed that.  :cookieMonster:

Anyway, the things that really interested me were the randomness, buoyancy, and the "broken or not broken" factor.