Author Topic: Missing Add-On's  (Read 1110 times)

I have recently transferred my entire Blockland folder to a computer running Linux Ubuntu and all of my Add On's are in the folder and enabled, but only a few show up, and even some starter vehicles and items are missing from the in game list.  Help, please.

You need to run blockland.exe as administrator.  The best way to do it, in my opinion, is to create a new file in your blockland directory.  Open it up with a text editor and put this into the file:

Code: [Select]
sudo wine Blockland.exe
And if you want to add parameters like a dedicated server, just do it right after like so:

Code: [Select]
sudo wine Blockland.exe -dedicated -mission base/data/missions/bedroom.mis
The sudo function makes it run as administrator and then it should be able to access the add-on files correctly.

To add further, the reason you need sudo to run it is because you copied your Blockland directory into Ubuntu.  Therefor the "owner" of the files is root because you did not create the files.  If you were to have run the installer on account and set up the files, then you would be the owner of the files and you would not need root permission to use root's files.

If you are still having problems I recommend installing a fresh copy of Blockland while you are running Ubuntu.

P.S.  I love how I'm the Ubuntu tech support now.

P.S.  I love how I'm the Ubuntu tech support now.

If you are, explain why whenever I install Ubuntu to my external hard drive my computer will give me GRUB error 21 (I think, I did this like two months ago) until I run fixmbr from my XP Reinstall CD. :cookieMonster:

Alright, I added the sudo, ran it in the terminal, it asked for my password and then nothing happened, I ran it again and the terminal comes up for half a second, goes away, and nothing happens.

If you are, explain why whenever I install Ubuntu to my external hard drive my computer will give me GRUB error 21 (I think, I did this like two months ago) until I run fixmbr from my XP Reinstall CD. :cookieMonster:
When you installed grub, it overwrote the boot partition on your main drive (obviously).  Try not installing grub and when you want to boot from it, change the boot priority to your external on startup.

When you installed grub, it overwrote the boot partition on your main drive (obviously).  Try not installing grub and when you want to boot from it, change the boot priority to your external on startup.

roflmao