Author Topic: Antenna Cradle: It is due.  (Read 31981 times)

Ace

There were a lot of posts that said that stuff beforehand, Ace sums them up and it's post of the year?

I don't get you people.

I was basically re-stating what others said in hopes that they would actually read it.

I believe I was the first to discredit pro.
Since no one has pointed this out, and instead went right to flaming, I'll now list the reasons why we declined your challenge:
1.  You chose a build specifically hard to recreate with our building system, instead of chosing one that is equally difficult with both building systems, to show who really are the better builders.
2.  You decided that you'd be the sole judge of the build, instead of an impartial group ot judges.
3.  You repeatedly added rules that were not defined, or implied during the initial challenging that were clearly targeted towards our problem solving on how to make our build overcome the initial challenges of our build system due to the subject matter.
4.  During your adding rules, you made the rule of no modeling what so ever, therefore disqualifying your own build on the grounds that your building system is a low tech moding program.

I look forward to your reply with the hopes of it being an inteligable, non-flaming, response.
Also, I'd like to note that pro hasn't replied since the first page, and viper since the top of third, so it seems your screaming into empty space.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 09:07:21 PM by laremere »

well i was hating him before it was cool to hate him. posers...
so i win the noob bash

This is hilarious. Perhaps comedy gold. Funny to see people get upset over simple things. Regardless, lets put more flaming action by putting pictures of Project A beta maps for the entertainment of all. Maps by your's truly, ProBuilder. Pardon the randomness. :cookieMonster:

Not some ad, but perhaps, something of critique, or exclusive view. After all, it is eye candy. :cookie

What relevance does that have to anything anyone has been talking about?

yeah thats not blockland 002 or retail related at all, i don't get it

Just some random stuff I put there for fun.

My comments:

City: Doesn't look like this map is for building.
Weird Valley thing: Looks horrible, and you forgot to cut out half life 2 on the bar, makes one wonder...
kitchen: Looks horrible, you are hiding are bad modeling job that is covered by textures, may look nice in pictures, but it makes it look horrible in game.
Lake: Were do you build, I see a dock to build on, but it looks like building on it would be a pain.
Orange Box thing: You took textures that are used for reference, and applied them to a 2 minuet modeling job, congrats.

No one cares about you. 

My comments:

City: Doesn't look like this map is for building.
Weird Valley thing: Looks horrible, and you forgot to cut out half life 2 on the bar, makes one wonder...
kitchen: Looks horrible, you are hiding are bad modeling job that is covered by textures, may look nice in pictures, but it makes it look horrible in game.
Lake: Were do you build, I see a dock to build on, but it looks like building on it would be a pain.
Orange Box thing: You took textures that are used for reference, and applied them to a 2 minuet modeling job, congrats.

No one cares about you.

I find that you do not fully understand the concept of "Project A". Your comment on the lake map was very uneducated. You do understand that you can drop the blocks into the water to build, right?

Also, your comment about the devtextures map was rude. I have seen countless CS:S maps using only those two textures.

And you havn't played on the kitchen map yet, have you? My only complaint is the oven. The inside looks horrible.

Regarding the HL2 title, he was actually playing under HL2. That was before Ion had the UI set up.

I don't understand the idea of Project A either. It seems to me like you're just trying to make a new Blockland using the Source Engine, but you fail to understand the limitations you will experience when you try to place more than 50 bricks or so.

Furthermore, we have yet to see anything related to blocks in Project A, just an array of half-assed maps. I'm not impressed at all.

Even furthermore I hope you're not the same idiots from Blockland Central, who claim that "Sigfig" is one of the most revolutionary programmers in the world and has managed to produce a game devoid of network/graphic lag by modifying the way water works.

So why are you forcing players to build in the water, I would think that a map should be made so you can easily build wherever you want to build.

The difference between CS:S maps and sandbox building games is the relative size.  Also, I don't need to play it in order to get an idea of what it seems like.

this is like when the bitter TBM'ers were threatening to make their own game out of spite.
but after so much time and trash talking, there was NEVER anything to show for it. not even screen shots.
and all apparent content was a secret among the "true believers and loyal members"
then it all disappeared without the devs commenting, just slip away secretly with whatever dignity they could scrape together.

thats what i seen going on there, and with with these guys to
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:25:03 PM by Bisjac »

What the forget is blockland central?

This is hilarious. Perhaps comedy gold. Funny to see people get upset over simple things. Regardless, lets put more flaming action by putting pictures of Project A beta maps for the entertainment of all. Maps by your's truly, ProBuilder. Pardon the randomness. :cookieMonster:
Not some ad, but perhaps, something of critique, or exclusive view. After all, it is eye candy. :cookie

OH SWEET MAN BOXES WITH TEXTURES I LOVE IT.

What a surprise, you're a horrible mapper, too.

NINJAEDIT: Well not horrible, but not good.