Author Topic: Save Stealers!  (Read 1942 times)

I was on Mcdiddy's server and after I spawned I saw the tower me and HelpingHand made. I said me and HelpingHand made that long ago, After that he said no I just built this town. He called me crazy...

Just to let you know....

Bosch, Build theft is such an incredibly common thing that there is honestly no real point in you posting here about it. We can't just rustle up a little merry band of blocklanders and kindly ask the thieves to delete your save. Just accept that this crap happens, or put a password on your servers from now on.

thats why my server is almost always passworded ;)

I know zoneark's pass :D

lol

But I wish we could see what people save

What if they're working on a secret save?

Tower?
I went to his server also, and the only tower there was a beta city tower.
If there was another tower there, it most probably wouldn't be worth stealing..

Badspot

• Administrator
There are a lot of epic builds that are lost forever now because the creators were paranoid about people "stealing" their build and now they don't play Blockland anymore. 

All you have to do is put your name in every single place thats secret and then you can host it public i guess.

Or you could absolutely not give a ice cream.

But if that simply doesn't work for you, you still have other reasons of not worrying too much about it.

First, if a random newbie says he built, say, a rocket ship some other blocklander of known experience made. The blocklander, who many already know builds epic ice cream, claims he made the build. Who do you think the non-handicap public will believe? The stupid newbie or the guy who makes epic builds? Obviously the epic builder would win out. And who gives a ice cream what the handicapped part of the public thinks anyways, they usually think boxes are epic.

Another thing, posting in gallery once you finish the build is a very good idea. As soon as you post it, you have a permanent record set on the forums that you claimed you built it. On top of that, you're showing off your build which is fine under any circumstance (Even if it sucks). But then, you might suggest that the "build stealers" could just as easily post it on the gallery first, but trust me, the thought never occurs to these guys. They're still smart enough to lay low and not get massively flamed on the forums as soon as the original creator catches their topic.

Finally, the deal sealer. If some handicap steals your WIP build and claims he built it and whatever, simply continue building it and finish your build. The stealer will NEVER finish it, ever. It's impossible, they cannot build like you and fit the style of the build, unless it's stupidly simple (like, a box) or the stealer is himself an epic builder (Which might occur when pigs start flying). You can also post your WIP build on the forums, but I wouldn't recommend this as it could get in the way of actually finishing it if your main goal of building things is to impress an audience, but that's another story altogether.

Tri

That is why we need the option to allow others to save our content because the build could be very important and a noob could just come along and "steal" it and add so much stuff to it to make it gay, and when people see the noob's version, they think less of your version OR another noob will think that you copied the other noob.
Needs checkbox for saving allowed by others.

The fact is, saving a build is ok.  Claiming it's yours bad idea.

That is why we need the option to allow others to save our content because the build could be very important and a noob could just come along and "steal" it and add so much stuff to it to make it gay, and when people see the noob's version, they think less of your version OR another noob will think that you copied the other noob.
Needs checkbox for saving allowed by others.
It would be better if you can check a admin only button.

What I would do: Post it in gallery under MY name, then play it in a server.

If it's something huge like a city build, I could care less though.