Echochrome (PS3/PSP)

Author Topic: Echochrome (PS3/PSP)  (Read 2633 times)

Quote from: PlayStation.com

echochrome™ Demo

Featuring an elegant black and white art design, echochrome™ is a puzzle game unlike any other. With gameplay based on optical illusions, players must utilize 5 simple laws of perspective to join walkways, hide dangers, and create new paths to reach the goal. Once you’ve mastered the 5 laws, use them to create your own mind-bending levels to play and share with friends using the custom level editor.

Available for both PLAYSTATION®3 and PSP® systems, each with 56 unique levels not found in the other version.

So, has anyone tried the demo? Me and my brother tried it yesterday, it was fun, but it was confusing, and kinda trippy :D

No, my PS3 is being gay :(

Dammit, I was gonna post about this, I need it on PSP, it's epic.

Dammit, I was gonna post about this, I need it on PSP, it's epic.
Yay, i finally beat someone to posting something! :D

I've been looking forward to it, I haven't tried the demo yet, though. When will the full version be out?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 05:55:06 PM by Masterlegodude »

Bump because Echochrome came out on Thursday. I bought it on Ps3 and PSP :D

Using the Awesome© Power of the Cell® to render Amazing MonochromeTM Graphics?

It's a neat idea and looks very smooth, but it looks like the sort of game you'd make in Game Maker or something, it's not exactly processor-intensive or anything for the Playstation 3's eight wait backup seven wait OS reserved six cores...

Using the Awesome© Power of the Cell® to render Amazing MonochromeTM Graphics?

It's a neat idea and looks very smooth, but it looks like the sort of game you'd make in Game Maker or something, it's not exactly processor-intensive or anything for the Playstation 3's eight wait backup seven wait OS reserved six cores...
The fact that you would enter this thread simply to bash the Ps3 makes you look like an idiot, I seriously could care less about what you think about the Ps3. That's not what this topic is about. And then about the game, why does something have to take full advantage of graphics? The graphics are pleasing and stylized. Sure I would care if the graphics in echochrome were photo realistic, but I don't really want it that way with this game.

It's the gameplay that matters.

It's the gameplay that matters.

Quote from: The Wii's graphics suck (1up.com)
The graphics are current gen at best!
Quote from: Microsoft
The Wii’s “video graphics aren’t very strong”
Quote from: Tim Tschirner
It's about as powerful as the original Xbox. The video hardware unfortunately is not as powerful. There's just a couple of key things that you can do on Xbox like shaders which you just cannot do on the Wii.
Quote from: destructoid.com
The filename is "COD3SUCKAGE".
Quote from: Forum comments
the wii [...] plus the graphics suck
i have a wii dude i like it, but you cannot compare it to the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360
the problem with wii is that isn't better than even the gamecube, the grafics really sucks
Stupid. Of course the Wii graphics sucks so much nuts, that we have to get cartoony graphics. Thank god for 360.
Quote from: David Perry
The fact is, gamers are attracted to beautiful looking games.

If the gameplay matters most, why should this matter? Why do people keep bashing the Wii about the graphics?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:41:54 PM by Space Guy »

Yes, that's unfortunately the fact, so people like you should get out of this thread, you're not a true gamer.
And I know that the Wii's graphics suck, what's your point? The gameplay and the games still own.
Oh btw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFoyp71xw3w
Forgot this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrX0i9kpgqY&feature=related

Might want to take a good look at that graph.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:44:14 PM by Vertzer »

Wait. The gameplay matters most, I support the console for which "The gameplay and the games still own" over having hyper realistic graphics, therefore I am not a gamer?

In case you haven't noticed, nothing too new or innovative came out for the Xbox or PS3. (Talking about major titles that everyone overhypes. They are no different than the previous average FPS, or whatever the genre of the game happens to be.)
People keep bashing the Wii's graphics because they suck, stop being so dyslexic.

Also, learn to face the facts.
http://nexgenwars.com/

Consumers are simply more fascinated by the Wii than any other console.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:55:52 PM by Vertzer »

How long has this topic been about graphics and Wii? I wanted to discuss Echochrome.
@Vertser: I think that Echochrome is new and innovative. I really like it, and have never played anything like it before.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 03:02:52 PM by TheWorm »