Author Topic: Gaming computer  (Read 2839 times)

quad cpus don't support gaming to well yet, but i would guess by next year.

and careful with the 22inch monitor, those vid cards in sli still may not play it at highest res and settings.

In gaming its just as good as the qx9770 and 12mb L2 = 1337

and careful with the 22inch monitor, those vid cards in sli still may not play it at highest res and settings.
Hes has 2 loving 8800 GT's of course he could run a 22inch, i'd actually recommend a 24 inch.

my specs:

quad 3.4
8G ram
Two 9800GX2's in SLI
other stuff
24inch wide screen 1920x1200

i can BARELY play at highest settings.
i wouldn't think twice at all that he couldnt.
those cards are good but they are not godly, and to play high end games on a large screen you NEED godly all around hardware.
the monitor is the biggest decider of if that game can run at good settings or not. resolution changes everything

stick with 19wide
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 08:11:06 PM by Bisjac »

you can try. if med or low settings (mainly low res) im sure you will rock some frame rates.
but to really crank graphics, i don't see it happening on anything bigger then 1440x900

don't disappoint yourself with an expensive screen that doesn't help gaming.

So just get 20inch ? Cheaper and safe or get 22inch ? I have a 22inch now and my card sucks ( Hence new PC ), and I run Gmod on everything high ( Dx7...) No AA, second highest res, at about 30 FPs on a map like SB_guniverse.

ive known guys to build comps with all high end parts. then try to run some modern high end games at high settings and not be able to.
they try new ram, more ram, new power supply, more cooling, new drivers, new drivers, new drivers, new video card.

and in the end they had perfect hardware all along, just the damn screen was to big for the game.
try your tower out on a friends larger monitor before you get your own. see the huge difference in performance.
the video lag is very noticeable.

my framerates jump from 66 to 121 on crysis from just switching from 24wide to 19wide.
and i have frikin quad frame per gpu rendering

My friend has a 22inch so I will just take my rig to his house, try it out then buy the monitor.

22inch is the same resolution as 20 inch monitors.