Above.

Cry Engine (Crysis, Far cry....etc)
14 (23%)
Source (CS:S, HL2, GMOD...etc)
39 (63.9%)
Unreal (UT3, RB6V series, GOW....etc)
8 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Which engine do you prefer?  (Read 2806 times)

Also, I am excited over Far Cry (Yes I am excited over old news.). I just got it off of steam for 10 bucks and I saw some videos and it looks really good to me. If my computer can handle hl2 on medium/high graphics, can it handle Far Cry?

Sweet. Maybe that means I can run Crysis on ub0r-low.

Also, lotsa source fans.

Source :cookieMonster:

One of the things I don't like about Source is water effects. :\

I've only seen one good water effect in Source, where there was a waterfall with water leaking/bouncing off of rocks, with fog and such coming from the bottom, but it was a custom map.

The new HL2: EP2 engine is pretty good

Uses havok for those games.

I personally love the Torque Game Engine (And all the other torque ones) for being so simple and not complex laggy over the top none looking realistic models and worlds. TGE reminds me of a better time in gaming, the days where a few polys where jammed together but some how looked just right. However within the chooses given I'd say the Crysis engine for being so much better then the annoying same crap UT/Source engine games.

I can't run Far Cry.  :panda:

My computer can handle it, but it crashes upon launch, and I checked the log and it turns out to be some Direct3D bullstuff.

I thought UbiSoft released Far Cry as freeware?

They did, to the US only, but after people from other countries started to get it for free, they just took it down.

Now it's on Steam for $9.95.

Uses havok for those games.
I thought they only used havok for the first Half-Life 2.

CryEngine2 and TGE. Also Havok and SAGE (Used for CnC3)