Author Topic: Away At War Movie Trailer Released!!Come Watch  (Read 13372 times)

Heres link to Trailer:http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FgrR_AxM-Gg

As some of you might know..we have started a new WWII movie.It is 35min long so far.I'm guessing it might go 40min cause its almost done.If you want to be in it  the server name is Movie(DarkStar), there's not much to help with but you still can if you see our server.
It will have voices and caption in case somebody doesn't have sound

If you really wanna be in it alot then go to our site and contact me about it.The guest book, the chat or it would be easier if you just add me on IM.Its at our site above.

So far people mainly in movie:
Squall
Johnnyrockit
Thingthingpro125
Slugger2917
pbrandon
Maxwell
Stratofortess(Peaceful War)

Voices:
Swholli
DarkStar

Models:
Peaceful War

If anybody knows any better place to upload or how to improve anything, it would be apreciated if i could know.I will add you on our site if it was a really big help.Thanks
Sorry if i get anything wrong, dont make a too big deal of it :p I'm telling a blockland version of WWII so things are going to be different.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 10:10:53 AM by DarkStar »

yea..but if you wanna know when i'm going to start server or something add me on msn.Visit our site for more detail and stuff.Well you dont need windows live messenger you can have any IM.add someguy_768@hotmail.com

Uh-oh, I sense trouble (and my spidy senses never lie)

Heres my only beef with this:

World War II is a very tough subject to do. It has to be perfect. And it has to have a story, one where you know who's who, and what's what. The audience had better be able to connect to this or else, it will be a bunch of pointless fighting and jabber (which is really what all wars end up being if you think about it...)

The other problem is this: What era of WWII are you covering, and what battle/scene? If its the battles that took place in France, then make sure you build stuff french, if its about the bombing that took place in either pearl harbor or the after math of japan it had better be accurate, and if its the platoons that swept through Italy for a surprise attack on the Germans, hands off my idea (I've already got the rights to that... sort of). Whatever the case, you had better have done your research, if I'm not alone here, theres probably some other history buffs like myself that will call you out, and if not them, then maybe some Call of Duty and/or Medal of Honor players will (those games covered some WWII once, right? ... :D)

So be sure you know what your talking about and be sure to add emotion and not just action, even if it is just a blockland movie. Afterall, Saving Private Ryan wasn't just a good war movie because of Tom Hanks (though he did add that boyish charm)...

EDIT:

Alright, five minutes later I took a peek at your trailer, this may spout some problems: A) If they're American soilders (because you used the ARMY decal) what are they doing at home, and getting bombed?!! I mean unless they're living in Hawaii, even then the bombs went of in the harbor (duh) not homeland. So this had better be non-american-soldiers, or else as said before, the history buffs/WWII fanatics/COD or MOH players/veterans-like-your-grandpa will shred you to peices.

Just a fair warning.

EDIT 2: Ha ha, I didn't put a B) ... or did I :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 08:58:38 PM by Swholli »

Eisenhower was a sissy.

what do you mean what are they doing at home :p.I duno.. i made like it they were in training and they finally finished serving in the army and stuff and went home.(before the WWII).Then japanese planes came and pretty much destroyed the town and kidnapped people.I'm not doing the exact battles and stuff..i mean most things i will make up and sometimes ill have something wrong, but i'll try to make it how most battles were, im just gona make new little battles that.Its not a educational history movie.The japanese planes that attacked the town went to other places to..not just they randomly found that town.

I will try and get some research though on big battles that happened and other things :).My dad knows alot of info on it too..cause we're russian..i came to canada when i was 7 but i can talk and everything fine and i dont have an accent.My dad does though and his english isn't that good.Well he told me that japan and germany weren't against each other and they teamed up or something.I dont quite remember what he said but yea.Japan didn't fight that much, mostly germany took over lots of countries in europe.When they started taking over russia they got abit..but then moscow stopped them and they failed.

i didn't really get what you meant by "even then the bombs went of in the harbor" (duh)not homeland
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 09:50:06 PM by DarkStar »

what do you mean what are they doing at home :p.I duno.. i made like it they were in training and they finally finished serving in the army and stuff and went home.(before the WWII).Then japanese planes came and pretty much destroyed the town and kidnapped people.I'm not doing the exact battles and stuff..i mean most things i will make up and sometimes ill have something wrong, but i'll try to make it how most battles were, im just gona make new little battles that.Its not a educational history movie.The japanese planes that attacked the town went to other places to..not just they randomly found that town.

I will try and get some research though on big battles that happened and other things :).My dad knows alot of info on it too..cause we're russian..i came to canada when i was 7 but i can talk and everything fine and i dont have an accent.My dad does though and his english isn't that good.Well he told me that japan and germany weren't against each other and they teamed up or something.I dont quite remember what he said but yea.Japan didn't fight that much, mostly germany took over lots of countries in europe.When they started taking over russia they got abit..but then moscow stopped them and they failed.

i didn't really get what you meant by "even then the bombs went of in the harbor" (duh)not homeland

The Japaneese bombings didn't take place until 3 or 4 years into the War, at the time the U.S wasn't even involved. The bombings only took place in one area, Pearl Harbor, what I meant by that was: "the bombings only took place in the harbor, not on the land where your charactors were standing", Japan and Germany had in fact "teamed up" they were what made up the "Axis of Evil" ... ring any bells? This is exactly what I mean about the history buffs tearing you up, see we hate when history is misprinted, its just wrong.

Anyway, If the soilders were in training, they wouldn't be shipped back home, they'd be kept in the army, seeing as being involved in the war was becoming hard to avoid, and even so, I'm not sure how many soilders Hawaii even had... and if so, why are they all white?

And if this story plot revolves around Pearl Harbor, I hate to say it but a movie has already been made about that... multiple times... I did kinda chuckle to myself when the kid who was preaching to me about originality, and yet picks one of the most over used topics in U.S. history...

Let me correct that, In world history. I forgot that you're in Canada, and originally in Russia, so that may explain what the faulty information may be coming from, where it in fact may be true and just not well known to Americans.

But I still stand by my point of you using the "U.S. army symbol decal" ... so I did have a right to assume you were telling it from an American point of view.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 10:05:08 PM by Swholli »

luckily not everybody is as detailed as you :) Well no war movies have been made in blockland yet.Maybe i'm telling a war in blockland that happened but its related to the real WWII :D.So lots of things are going to be different, thats cause its BL WWII  :cookieMonster:

EDIT:why are they all white?I dont really wanna get into that stuff...i let the actors chose their colour
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 10:08:58 AM by DarkStar »

luckily not everybody is as detailed as you :) Well no war movies have been made in blockland yet.Maybe i'm telling a war in blockland that happened but its related to the real WWII :D.So lots of things are going to be different, thats cause its BL WWII  :cookieMonster:

Well it's a good excuse as any. The only possible problem I could see with that is that some one may yell at you for there not being computers in 1942, hence no blockland... but other than that, it should work. :D

i'm bumping the topic so people can help make the decals on the airplanes, it would be a really big help and you will be in begining credits.Examples of what kind to make are at the bottom of the topic(not including the replies).Don't worry people this one will be done, its 13min so far and i've done 5 movies.

The next bump will be when movie is released :)

lol nvm
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 06:29:31 PM by DarkStar »

Sry for double post, but i'm bumping.I'm letting people know that i have the scripts what they have to say for the movie.The movie isn't finished but i have what we have to say so far.I'm doing main char and i voiced him.Please send me an example clip of your voice, if i accept it, ill send you the notepad file for what you have to say.

After that, put them all into a winRaR archive folder.If you dont have WinRaR, then get it from:http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
(Download First One)

Once you have it installed, right click and click create winrar archive.Then put your folder of your files in that and upload somewhere, pm me and send me link.You will be in credits.I'm giving out the main voices first, but keep in mind, you will have to voice the character that i give you throughout the movie until its done.None of them actually go all the way through the movie, except the main char(Which i'm voicing =])

So send me an example clip, ill say if i accept it or not, if i do ill send you a document telling what to say :)

I'll act, if I can't I might help with the filming.

It fires machineguns too!

whoa nice! If i could have download then ill put you in begining credits and end credits.It'll say PLANE MODEL:Peaceful War.

This isn't a movie that i put on forums and never get done.Its 16min and its going up slowly =]It will get done.Its perfect timing for that mod aswell, we are probably at the hardest part of the movie.Lego(Pearl)Harbor Attack.

Tom

When the next time the servers gonna be up? I wanna finish Lego Harbor.