Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 53604 times)

This is not on discussion, but why don't we try a bloodline story? (Like Boatmurdered)

I don't know how good of an idea a steam trap really is though, it probably will require maintenance.

You've pretty much got to keep digging or channelling the obsidian away.
Turtles will spawn in near enough any body of water, whereas fish tend to spawn closer to natural bodies of water like brooks and rivers. There have been multiple comments of people having fish ending up in their cisterns, I've had this problem before, when about eight superfishly tough salmon managed to survive 7 screw pumps and being slammed through a grate from 6 z layers up.

I've not built any pumps yet...

I've run into a problem where my furnace operator won't load coal into the smelter, he's a peasant though.

The dwarf making the product will grab the coal nessecary, other dwarves couldn't care less about other dwarves' jobs.
Fire is bad, dwarves currently ignore fire and will happily steal the !!Pig tail Trousers!! off a dead dwarf and wear them as if nothing was wrong, setting themselves ablaze. It seems that every dwarf is on a quest for self immolation.

My dwarves clothes are all broken.

I have no clothing industry at all, either.

Damnit, my best soldier was fighting trogdolytes in a chasm and fell to his death.

:cookieMonster:

I have an artifact wooden door.

Damnit, my best soldier was fighting trogdolytes in a chasm and fell to his death.

He fell defending his fortress...

Reminds me of the time when I almost flooded my entire base, but my experinced miner sacrificed himself by building a massive channel to hold back the raging flow, and drowned. But the fort was safe.

Legendary miners could save the base and survive.   :cookieMonster:

Anyone see the 3D mod?

Why.
For those who made gigantic builds and want to see them in 3D (like cathedrals and ridiculously high towers)

Also, this time around only 2 casualties. It's actually kind of boring.

First guy was a loving soap maker immigrant that went Moody about 10 minutes after arriving to the fortress. He went insane (beserked), and stepped on one of the many weapon traps I had lying around. His limbs flew all over the place, it was a pretty big mess.

The second guy was also an immigrant and got beaten to death by a kobold thief. A loving kobold thief! I could understand if a goblin raid party spawned on top of him but god damn.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 10:30:33 PM by Muffinmix »

I had a soap maker immigrant dwarf get a mood within 30 seconds of spawning.  He hadn't even got to the fort yet.

Then he became a legendary stonecrafter, who now has a personal workshop and two dwarves to haul with goods away.  He's made me rich.

I also have a legendary carpenter, whose wooden door artifact made a meager office into an opulent throne room.

And a legendary bone crafter who used to be a Thresher or some crap like that.

Also I was confused because he linked to an ANCIENT 3d renderer, and the person before him was saying some crap about a mod.  There is a newer topic with a newer 3d tool.