Author Topic: Can you steal a blockhead's name?  (Read 1632 times)

Say some person changed their name to Blockhead5131 randomly and then the real Blockhead5131's account was purchased/activated. What would happen?

I would imagine it would just show the name taken image then the user would be prompted to chose a name, I don't really know for sure though.

That's interesting.

It'd be the same as dividing by zero.

The new person would be given the next available number after their name.

So if someone takes the name Blockhead5, and someone buys BL ID 5, their name would be Blockhead6.

So if someone takes the name Blockhead5, and someone buys BL ID 5, their name would be Blockhead6.

I think it already adds one on to your ID, as when I bought the game, my name was Blockhead125 and my ID is 124, and I have seen Blockheads in the game whose names are one more than their ID.

Thats how it always is. I think i understand what you're talking about, If you were Blockhead1234, and someone bought the ID 1235 (BLID_1235 -> Blockhead1234), what would happen?

Errr.... no... not really. Actually Ephi answered my question.

Thats how it always is. I think i understand what you're talking about, If you were Blockhead1234, and someone bought the ID 1235 (BLID_1235 -> Blockhead1234), what would happen?

You've totally confused yourself. You're saying you're given a name with a number after it that is LOWER than your BL ID. This really isn't a hard concept to grasp.

So thats why blockheads have +1 higher number on the end of their name.

What was the reasoning behind the whole +1 thing?

Because the first person to get the game would be just Blockhead.

Chances are some ass skewed the naming early on. I'm pretty sure I was Blockhead150 when I first bought the game, and some guy probably just bought ID 500 and set his name Blockhead501, which caused the skew. I'm just guessing though - theres no other obvious reasoning for it.

Is it just me or were there no numbers in the earlier versions?

it goes from 1,100-X

I see what your asking, your saying that(example) ID 50 names himself blockhead60, so that buyer 59 whould have _______ happen which this whole topic is about, figuring out what blank is. Ephi answered stating that you would get the next number, so buyer 59 whould be named blockhead61
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 03:28:37 PM by Shocklink »