Author Topic: Wii Fit  (Read 3584 times)

Just discuss Wii Fit.  In case you don't know it is a game that comes with a board you stand on.  It has many games such as sking, yoga, and hoola hoop.  The way you stand on the board tells you how you move in the game.  Ok now discuss from here.

Ready, set, GO!

Not meaning to start a console war, but things like the Wii Fit Board have been around since the dawn of time. I'm sure if I dug out an old Argos catalogue I'd find boards for the PS2.

Looketh! For the PS1! This is from years ago. PS1s have been out-of-sync since 2000.
4Gamers Sportsboard
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 11:58:06 AM by Spation »

That looks familiar.  I never used one however.

Actually, that is just balance, the Wii fit board measures weight on four pads that in turn measure balance. 

Fact: They got the idea from watching a sumo wrestler so heavy he had to use two scales to weigh himself.

Interesting fact.  No wonder they make videogames in Japan.  That is the only place they could get the idea.

Yeah, then they noticed it was fun to try to make their weight 50/50.

... the Wii fit board measures weight...
So basically it's the product of Nintendo delivering the baby of the Sportsboard and weighing scales. Again, low hype.

I don't understand how you could have fun with that game.

... the Wii fit board measures weight...
So basically it's the product of Nintendo delivering the baby of the Sportsboard and weighing scales. Again, low hype.
I like the Wii, but i agree. This is really gimmicky.

You'd be surprised by how many fat people are buying them thinking they can just lose weight in the comfort of their living room, playing on a Wii. It's a huge market, and Nintendo will absolutely capitalize on that.

I like the fact that it called a 10 year old girl obese and made her upset. I got a huge laugh out of that.

I like the fact that it called a 10 year old girl obese and made her upset. I got a huge laugh out of that.
Link?

...It's a huge market, and Nintendo will absolutely capitalize on that.
Sony tried. What do you think the Eyetoy was about? Well, other than revolutionising web cams by sticking one on a console.

What do you think the Eyetoy was about? Well, other than revolutionising web cams by sticking one on a console.

I have one of those.  The detection was just horrible - on the one hoverboarding game, you could barely control yourself, let alone do tricks.  The one with tons of different minigames was okay, but not worth buying the Eyetoy for.

What do you think the Eyetoy was about? Well, other than revolutionising web cams by sticking one on a console.

I have one of those.  The detection was just horrible - on the one hoverboarding game, you could barely control yourself, let alone do tricks.  The one with tons of different minigames was okay, but not worth buying the Eyetoy for.
I liked the little applications that came for it one day in the demo disc in the PS magazines I used to order, I stuck a green tennis ball on some sharp thing and you could do different spells. :D