Author Topic: [Server] Left 4 Dead ~ Bleep  (Read 7388 times)

Because I just love zombies, and I like a grand entrance, I'll be coming back to BL soon (because now I have more time :D and less schoolwork) with a server made just for some hardcore zombie play.

Basically, I'm trying to make a server similar to the game style of "Left 4 Dead" for the PC. I increased Zombie Speed/Jump for both normal and human (smart) zombies. Gun does less damage (10 dmg but you can spam it), and crowbar will do 2 hit kills still. I'm still trying to work out the propane tanks and trying to set up a "Campaign" for a main mission when you start at one place and get to another with some players starting as smart zombies and trying to get around and 4 human players as the unlucky survivors.

Not sure if this idea will work at the start, but I would like to get some support on this.

=======================================
Servername: [L4D] - Bleep (Check Forums for Info)

Serverpass: rel4x

Current Progress:

5-20-08: Wow, almost done with first floor once again. We just doing interiors and minor decorations. Anyone a good interior designer, please come join us.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 11:06:52 PM by Bleep »

It sounds awesome, two games I like together.
Edit: How do you plan on doing the 'Boss Zombies', The Tank, The Smoker, The Boomer, The Hunter, and The Witch?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 08:17:27 PM by dUMBELLS »

So far, for the "Boss Zombie", I might need someone to actually look into the scripts and edit it so players can select the kind of zombies they want (Big Zombie=High MaxDamage (HP), Slow, but can break bricks and etc.). I also need a way to make it so in the very start, one of the many players randomly becomes a smart Zombie, this will allow the game to be "harder", especially for people who just play and camp in crawl-ins that the Bots cannot go through (Unless theres a script to make bots crawl).

Theres alot, and we also need a "Medkit" like in RtB (the health packs from my Urban Warfare Server).

As for the main campaign builds, we will go mainly for F.E.A.R.'s multiplayer/campaign maps since they are perfect for this Zombie game.

So far, I'm using the original small Zombie Village Survival as the current Left 4 Dead default. I will start on main build ASAP when my time gets more accessible :)

EDIT: After some testing. I want to see your opinions on the current zombies and how far should I modify them for "Fair Play" between the two sides?

1) So far, they are moving at 20 or 15 I believe with a jump at about 12 or 15. Smart Zombies have a bit more in each.
2) Gun Damage is at 10. Increase to 15 or 20 and crowbar to instant kill? Zombies WILL HAVE ALOT MORE HP IN NEXT TEST.
3) I'm in the process of making more buildings and modifying current ones to make it fair for both sides. Any ideas and help with scripts and etc. is appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 11:44:37 PM by Bleep »

You seem to know what your doing. I hope to enjpoy the server in the future.

I also hope I can enjoy your server when its completed.
But I sent you a PM which has a Medkit in it.

Oh also You should make a couple types of normal zombies, like -fast -slow -torso.

we need

1. a bigger map

2. WAY SMARTER ZOMBIES so they dont need a human player to help em

3. more weapons like maybe a shotgun and a uzi

4.slower zombies, you take one step out of a safe zone and there all over you in a matter of milisecondes

Are you going to do 'bleed out'? When health reaches 0 they lie on the ground until a player gets to them. If the player doesn't get to them in time they die.

Also, for that hunter boss, you could make it like a hookshot that fires the hunter boss in the player's direction if it hits a player, and when the hunter hits, it tumbles the player and mounts the hunter to the player, doing damage over time.

Tank is just destruction really, maybe with a vehicle pick up and throw ability.

Smoker would be pretty easy, smoke on death and the noose like tongue could be the pullgun (by aloshi), which does damage over time.

Boomer just explodes on death, and pukes on folk (puke = blurred vision?).

Well, that's my tuppance worth, hope all goes well!

Like I said in my second post, I cannot script <<

I can only edit small things like their stats, damage, and can only build in-game. So I asked if someone would like to help out.

So far:
1) A way for zombies to crouch and jump crouch into windows
2) Boss Zombies
3) Editing the zombie gametype (I'm checking it right now) so only 4 humans max on survivors and 5 zombie players.
4) A way for players to select the zombie they want to be

Weapons arent a problem, I may add shotgun but not the uzi, basically because uzi is cheap. The handgun by itself is fast.

I might try and do some of #4, and I could help build later.

I suppose I could do some stuff for boss-player zombies when I'm bored and want to do something different.

Thanks ya.

I still cant get these zombies to crouch ;0

Any tips on how to edit them to crouch when the target they are trying to capture is crouching within a close range of them? So far, I've read up on the "New Bot Mod" that it can make the bots crouch but I'm not sure if they can move while crouching.

I have a map that you may like for this.
And yes, I know that for a factory it doesn't have much of anything in it, but it doesn't lag until a cluster of zombies starts jumping. :cookieMonster:
And it's designed to have zombie brick damage off, human brick damage on is ok, but not required. Load in normal slate.
Anyway, here's the pic.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 06:17:37 PM by {Scorpion} »

From
with <3
It looks alright, But needs more work.

"Medkit"
You should make a needle, and you poke people with it to heal them :D

I sent him a Medic looking suitcase already.

Edit: If he likes this needle I will also send it to him.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 11:05:21 PM by Eryehk »