Author Topic: [Server] Left 4 Dead ~ Bleep  (Read 7392 times)

Server is currently up and running. (4:02 PM PST)

EDIT: Server is now down at 7:16 PM PST. Will be back up tomorrow. Using a laptop to move about for now.

Progress has gone by far ALOT.

Here is the building plans:

Floor 1: Reception, Medical Room, Cafeteria, 1st Floor Electrical Room, Minor rooms, and more.

Floor 2: Locked rooms that can only be accessed via ventilation network or holes in walls. Some may be just normal with no doors.

Floor 3: Rooms in disarray, travel in between rooms via ventilation/holes/walk through door.

Floor 4: Not really a floor, its the rooftop with a helicopter.

Need the following:
1) A door brick (just for looks, doesnt need to be able to open)
2) Switches to turn on/off lights. (that can actually save in the persistence file or w/e RBL uses)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 09:22:43 PM by Bleep »

Use Wrench Events for light switches, it uses a separate command to save but it can save. :P

Won't that have to be redone for V9 though?

Thanks scorp, been big help :0

And not too sure about v9. Just let everything go on for now.

The server wont be up today.

Reason: Today, I have to do some ceremony for my grandmother who passed away in yr 2000.

Will be up tomorrow, afterschool.

It should be up around now but the needle model is still not done lol.

Server is up and running at 5:48 PM PST.

Server is down at 8:53 PM PST.

Progress has gone up by alot. We now have a flashlight item (By chaseyqurt), just working to get it to work so light only works on flashlight. The Zombie Selection has been made too (by dUMBELLs). First floor is almost done, just doing interiors. New screenshot of overall progress added on first post in this topic.

We will be doing a test run soon enough after finishing second floor.

Types of Zombies:

Crawler: A Zombie that moves faster while crouching than on foot. Can jump high and far, but has low amount of health and attack. Toughest to fight in vents and holes.

Original: The normal type of zombie. They move a bit faster than humans, crouch a bit faster, jump a bit higher, deal decent damage, and have decent health.

Ghoul: A Zombie that moves faster on foot than while crouching. It can jump a bit higher than Original, but not as high as a Crawler. It has less health than Originals.

Juicer: A Zombie that squirts/shoots acids at its foes rather than attacking them headon. These are very similar to Originals except they dont have alot of health.

Abomination: A super slow zombie that can deal instant death upon its foes. It has the most health, but cannot jump high or move fast whether they crouch or run.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 11:01:54 PM by Bleep »

We are going to have to, have some way of telling the zombies form each other...

Wow, quite a bit has changed since a little while ago, good job. Not sure how, but some different models or something for the special zombies are a must. The flashlight sounds like a good idea, I think Irk's challenge server was able to limit the light use, you might ask him about it.

So, host nao? I feel like building.

Ill be hosting in few minutes, but I will be AFK since I am going to gym today (server will still be up). I will be back around 7 PM PST.

can't wait for this to be finished

Well you might have to wait since yesterday we mostly messed around.

Sorry for not being able to host server everyday. I do have a life <<

I was very busy this week, not to mention that tomorrow is Prom Night (for me anyways).

Will try my best to keep server up on Monday or Tuesday when available again.