Poll

Which console should I buy?

Xbox 360
PlayStation 3
Wii

Author Topic: Consoles, which should I buy?  (Read 1860 times)

Well I think its about time I buy a next generation console (wii, xbox360, or ps3). I am leaning towards Xbox360 right now because Wii looks childish and ps3 looks more expensive for the the same as 360. Give me your oppinion on which console I should buy please. Also, make sure you vote in the poll. Discuss.

Wii or Xbox 360, or buy them both :D

Honestly, i don't think you should buy a console.

I hate when people say that, because upgrading your computer isn't always an option.

I hate when people say that, because upgrading your computer isn't always an option.

That is true for me, also I like playing games like halo and shooters on live at friends houses alot.

A Wii if you want to "exercise" or want to play Old Titles, A 360 for live and it's games, or a PS3 if you want Media.

It really depends on what kind of games you want to play. If you want to play very interactive as well as retro games, go for the Wii; If you want a really graphics based experience and some really innovative titles  (Like Echochrome, LittleBigPlanet, and basically anything SCEA/SCEE comes up with), go for Ps3; and if you want a really social/online experience, than go for the 360
       I tend to lean toward the Ps3 because I love graphics and SCEA/SCEE's games, but no system is really better than the other. 360 is really much different than Ps3, though. Resistance 2 would take two 360s to run, and they would RROD within a few minutes because it would still be too much. That's still not to say it's better, it can just handle more.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 06:55:55 PM by TheWorm »

The Worm has it right.  It is your choice based on what you want.  Or just give us more info on what you are looking for.

Ive decided on getting the Xbox 360 for its games/graphics. I was never a big fan of Sony's style, and I am too traditional for the motion sensing stuff with the wii. Another question, does anyone know where I can get a Xbox 360 Premium Bundle?

Pretty much everywhere that sells 360's.

Ok, I'm getting my mom a late Mother's Day gift (CD) from best buy, I think they have them there, I'll look around...

I'm starting to get sick of the Wii fanboys here, that don't even post a good thing about it other than "how cool the wiimote is" or SSB:B, or the other Nintendo first-party games.

Miis, E-mails, little useful channels (or not useful), yep, thats nothing.

Miis, E-mails, little useful channels (or not useful), yep, thats nothing.

Yeah, just little features that computers could do.

I could care less about the Mii's, but some of the channels are cool. (I thought the vote one was cool)

I own a Wii, so it isn't like I'm a ___ fan and I'm just biased against the Wii for whatever reason.

I use the news channel a bit, sometimes it's faster than just watching the news (which insists on reporting that Anna Nicole Smith is still dead, Hillary Clinton said something mean to Obama, Obama said something mean to McCain, Republicans said something mean about Obama's wife, etc).

I also had a broken NES and wanted to play the games on it again, I had a bunch of game cube games lying around and my game cube is past it's prime, I wanted to play Super Mario Galaxies, and my N64 just died, so it was a bit of a natural choice to go for it because I wanted to play my games again. Still no DK64 or Banjo Kazooie on the virtual console though. They kicked ass and I haven't found another 3D platformer that quite measured up to them yet. :(

There is a severe lack of violent games on the Wii, so you'll need a computer, PS3 or Xbox360 to get your FPS fix. I hate console FPSs anyway, which was another reason for me not to get either an Xbox360 or a PS3. If you are buying a console for Morrowind/Oblivion/Half-Life 2/Halo/Call of Duty/blah, I would recommend getting them on the computer instead and upgrading it if necessary.

Xbox360 is also a good choice. It has a lot of good games on it. I can't really say much more about it because I've never owned one. Just remember that you can't treat it like a console and stack it between your cable box and DVD player, you need to treat it like a space heater and put it somewhere it won't burn your house down.

If you are planning on buying a Blu-ray player within the next 6 months, I would recommend getting a PS3 instead, so you can watch movies and play games on it for the same price as a Blu-ray player.