Author Topic: Making a map in Quark...got some questions  (Read 679 times)

Hey, fellow blocklander's I'm making my room as a map for blockland using the QuArk tools. I have a few questions regarding making certain aspects of maps like windows, the clock timer, mirrors and see-through one way walls. I would like to know just how i go about making these things in my map. I think I get the windows out of the built in blockland editor but I have no clue how to do the others. Any help or advice would be great. Making this map both for myself and my only project for a class :D, so its gotta be good.

The clock timer can be spawned using F11; I just copied the script in notepad from bedroom, pasted it into my map, and moved the objects ingame.
The mirror can be done with QuArK, but I am not really sure how to do this. I think you have to create a mirror and link it to a specific face. There should be tutorials for this however. An easier way would be to just copy the mirror that already exists (forgot who made it), paste it into yours, and position in with F11.
You can easily make see through one-way walls by using the NULL texture which should be included with QuArK. If you don't have it, all of my maps do so you can just copy it. If you use the NULL texture on a face it will make it see through but it will still have collision properties, and if the other side has a texture then it becomes a one-way wall.
Hope that helps

Awesome, very helpful indeed. Thank you very much Ghost.