Author Topic: DF: Bloodglazed Fortress  (Read 20121 times)

Well everything's going rather eventless right now, save some Snailmen getting uncomfortably close and the stray mountain goat scaring the dwarves.

I think what I'll do is play until next spring and just make one mega post about everything that happened. Goblins should be raiding soon.

It only takes like an hour to play that long, somewhat more if you are taking pictures and notes.

It takes allot longer then an hour to play for a year, or my computer plays it really slowly.

You have a slow computer or the embark regions you use are laggy.   :cookieMonster:

I'm terribly sorry about the delay guys, but stuff's been happening left and right and I haven't had much time to play at all.

If anyone wants to take over feel free, I'm starring at another week of interviews and family related stuff right now so it could be a while before I can put an update together.

If you want Muffinmix, you can PM me your current save file and I can continue for the next year and a half, or I could restart from the previous save.

NO BECAUSE I'M NEXT.

according to muffinmix I am next.

Muffinmix took my turn because I was unable to complete it, Muffinmix is unable to complete his, so I'll take over from here.

according to muffinmix I am next.
If no one objected, but Monty is :P

Muffinmix took my turn because I was unable to complete it, Muffinmix is unable to complete his, so I'll take over from here.
And he has a good reason to boot. I'll PM the files later, right now I have to run before I'm late for another interview. Should be finished in about an hour.

Bloodglazed actually seems to be a very nice unlaggy fortress, probably because it's got no chasm or magma monsters.
A few seconds into the game and suddenly, a couple of gem nodes have been discovered, including pyrite, honey yellow beryl and brown zircon.
Also, the Peasant Urvad managed to get a mud smear on his nose, right ear and left eye and mud splatters on his head, in his mouth and on his left ear.

And here's how it looks currently:

I blew up the trade depot so I can steal the merchant's stuff, yes it's not terribly fair but I was rather desperate to stop the dwarves eating the rats and large roaches that the cats didn't kill.

They didn't have a terribly great variety of stuff, it was mainly logs, one gold bar and a loads of food, which sorted out the food problem

A Kobold thief was brutally killed after his lower body was torn off by an unarmed farmer, who luckily, escaped without injury. A goblin child snatcher had died here earlier.

Later, another thief was killed, bathing the walls in even more blood.

Suddenly, an engraver is taken by a few mood, and snatches two pieces of Gabbro to construct a mysterious artifact.

It turns out to be a Gabbro amulet, which is another piece of jewellery to go with the native copper earing.

However, the legendary engraver I now have smooths the walls far quicker than anyone else.

Which is good of course.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 11:04:20 AM by Monty »

Uh, the rest of your turn?

Yeah what happened to all progress on this  :cookieMonster:

I'm starting to get impaitent. I'll take another turn if this one doesn't pan out.