Author Topic: Source Problem  (Read 3358 times)

I tried, it didn't work.  I'll try Alure's thing.  The screenshot IS DX 81, as he found out, but I'm on 90.
EDIT: It says I can't do that buildcubemaps thing on any Portal map.  I'm really talking about most of the white stuff in portal shining.  Not the map.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:59:09 AM by Marcem »

Odd, what exactly is the error message it gave you?
And did you try impulse 81? It gives you a set of spheres that have cubemaps placed on them. Used for testing the things on different hardware. A pic of what happens when you do that would be nice.

It says I cannot do that action on this map for buildcubemaps, and impulse 81 gives me the error model.

Oh, oops, I typed "impulse 87" not 81, but for 81, it says it didn't precache envballs.  Here's a screenshot of my game.
EDIT: I tried again, but it gave me the error model again.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 11:41:09 AM by Marcem »

mat_fastnobump 0
mat_bumpmap 1
mat_hdr_enabled 1
mat_fastnospec 0

It didn't work.  There is no fastnospec thing.

might be mat_specular then

It is mat_fastspecualar, that is the command you meant.  But it still doesn't work.

and what GFX card did you say you had?

ATI X300, it doesn't have pixel shaders 3.0.

The best thing I can think of to do is to go in map_edit mode and try building cubemaps again. That or try laying a vmt over a model, which I'm not entirely sure how to do.

just type "buildcubemaps" in the console.

The buildcubemaps command gives me an error.  It says i can't do it on that map, or any map.

Once again. Did you enter map_edit mode?

It goes to the main menu when I type it.