22 (22.4%)
wtf is an ID????
5 (5.1%)
High ID=Newb
4 (4.1%)
Low ID=Pro
12 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: The Great IDist Debate  (Read 3210 times)

some people think that the ID rule applys to highers, making them noobs, and some thing it applys to lowers, making them proff.
And some people think the inverse of this. Besides, those two are the same ideology, as I said before, they need not be both here.
Saying that people that have a low id are most likely pro's doesn't say that high id's have to be newbs, I think for this there should even be 3 options, (low id = pro, high id = newb, both) or multiple selection.

yeah i cant stand mexicans!

....oh this is about ID's?.... yeah damn them haters >.>

i voted wtf is an id

Tom

People with lower ids will have more experience.

The only thing I have noticed with low ID's is that they spam builds less and build a load more faster. I have a 3k freind and he is half way done with a build and I already am done with it.

My ID is 4900 something, and I never do anything noobish.  Also, I've never been banned, kicked, insulted or anything because of my ID.

This is interesting:
Warning - while you were reading 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

This is interesting:
Warning - while you were reading 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
The only reason that is the least bit interesting to you, is because you are a slow typer, or so it seems.

This is interesting:
The only reason that is the least bit interesting to you, is because you are a slow typer, or so it seems.
No, actually, it's because I left the window minimized for a couple hours. Plus,
while you were reading
not typing. reading.

The ids were not created as an easy refrence to tell if someone is a noob, They were made to tell if someone is an imposter. Look at Sniff, his id is in the 3600's (I think.) and he has contibuted quite a bit to the community.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 02:09:40 PM by Z9-C »

IDs were made out of necessity for copy protection and because ID bans are much more effective than IP bans.

I give everybody a chance, but its not like if you generalize that about most ID's from 1-2k + have a higher chance to be complete idiots. but reference the first sentence. I have some friends in the 3k+ :4

I voted "I really don't care."

Because I don't. I use ID's the way they are supposed to be used.

Ok I've posted about this issue before. Please Please please Please Please Please search... there have been like 4 or 5 topics about the SAME THING! Look, i don't really care about IDs I only care about the people that come in and say "can I haz admin I build good wanna load PLZZZZ!!!!" But you need to realize. IN EVERY GAME... IN LIVE.... IN THE REAL WORLD!!! You are going to be judged on your arrival.. CEOS are the first ones to come join the company.. all the higher salaries are with people that have been with the company the longest.. Even kids vs. adults.. "I'm 30 years older than you, I'm smarter." The only reason I would even think about looking at ID's is because people post this kind of stuff. Just relax and let the idiots have their fun banning your because of your ID. Come into my server, if you are being a decent person you won't get banned. First it was the 500s then 1000s then 2000s and so on, Your day will come when you are the expert builder whose ID is considered low, just be happy you can be a expert builder for now...

Why there is ID Discrim
Back then in beta/rtb there was a huge invasion of noobs, pinkers, smashers
So people got the idea that new people were noobs/jerk/idiots.
and it stuck with em.
Or so i have been told about this info.
IDs make it easy to ban NOOBS and punks.

Why there is ID Discrim
Back then in beta/rtb there was a huge invasion of noobs, pinkers, smashers
So people got the idea that new people were noobs/jerk/idiots.
and it stuck with em.
Or so i have been told about this info.
IDs make it easy to ban NOOBS and punks.
because each time an ID 5700-800 that registered five minutes ago walks in they're almost always noob-like.