Author Topic: Problem with the auto installer  (Read 3701 times)

I just downloaded Age Of Time and it keeps installing the same patch over and over again , When i tell it cancle nad try to connect to the server it says I do not have toe correct version , help.

Badspot

• Administrator
Do you ever see a screen that looks like this?  Are there any error messages?

I spose I could upload a few patches from the patches folder to my website, but ehh, that might create a few problems.

edit: p.s. BS:Where are the patches supposed to install from? the main folder or the patches folder?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 03:00:03 AM by Mike951 »

You do NOT change the path, the installer knows where to put everything!!!!
To answer your question, the main AoT directory..

Yes , that screen pops up , I click install , it installs , than it goes back to the title screen and continues to do the same thing over and over.

Ohhhhhhhh :cookieMonster: heh, you either didn't close the AoT window while it is installing or you didn't know that you have to install 6 patches.

Oh it has to close.... ok i'll try that now.

*edit*
ok , it didn' work , it keeps installing the SAME patch over and over...
can somebody send me their copy of AOT?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 01:04:48 PM by Shadow45X »

Badspot

• Administrator
If you've downloaded AOT recently, you only have to install 1 patch, not 6.  AOT closes automatically when the patch starts, there is no need to close any windows.

The game tries to get the patch again because the the patch did not install properly.

I assume that there are no error messages when you click 'install'?

Do you have any security or virus protection software running?  The patch has to overwrite and change files so some security/virus protection software may prevent it from working. 

I get no errors , no virus protector or firewall is currently on and yet i continue to intsall the same patch......can somebody send me the patch?

Badspot

• Administrator
You already have the patch, you just can't install it.  Downloading it from somewhere else isn't going to help you much. 

Well....what am I supposed to do.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 06:53:48 PM by Shadow45X »

Well in that case , can somebody send me their entire age of time folder?

Delete the patch from your patches folder, try d/lng and installing the patch again. It could be that your file is corrupt and it wasn't d/led correctly. If that doesn't work then I'll give you the link to my AoT folder asap tommorrow(zip or rar file fine?). As long as no one objects...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 12:47:42 AM by Mike951 »

Ok , that didnt work , .zip , .rar is fine.

Ok, sorry i've took so long getting this up (with new years and all), I'll try to get the file up today.

Edit: The file is up! its 53.4 mb's (it includes all the patches I got) I'll pm you the link, as I don't have too much bandwith. If anyone wants the file go ahead and pm me.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 03:04:31 PM by Mike951 »