Author Topic: (free? :D) Synthesizer software.  (Read 9479 times)

I wanted to add music to my game and I wanted it to be something that wasn't MIDI but was still computer-generated. I'm not thinking of something that requires instruments, as that would be redundant. I'm asking for something more like a synthesizer.

Something a bit like this.

I'm generally looking for something that is freeware.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 01:59:57 PM by n0cturni »

Trying it now; I thought the music made by the synthesizer in the youtube video I linked was pretty impressive.

Organya, the program used for cave story music is good too.

Why not just use FLStudio? That's the one that was used in the video. The demo version gives you nearly all of the features and mp3 and wav export functions. It never runs out. I've had it for like a year now, barely ever use it.

FL Studio will give you everything you need. If you stick with the demo, the only limitation is that you can't save project files; that's not a problem, as you can just leave the program open. It can take a while to figure it out, but there are tons of synth presets in there to use.

Why not just use FLStudio? That's the one that was used in the video. The demo version gives you nearly all of the features and mp3 and wav export functions. It never runs out. I've had it for like a year now, barely ever use it.

Might use it if I don't find a good freeware alternative.

I found a cool one called MadTracker. I'm trying to figure things out right now.