Author Topic: Best Place to Learn C++  (Read 5372 times)

I'm still stuck on the 'multiple files or one' question. I'm almost done with controls, and I am working on models. I would really like to know how to link multiple .cpp files together so they all function at the same time.

It doesn't matter whether you use multiple files or one file, but it's best to use multiple files for organization. Some compilers automatically include other files if you add them to the project, or you may have to manually #include them.

I'm confused about what you do with the actual .cpp's. I was working on my project and couldnt run stuff because there was no .exe and I didn't know how to run what I made.

Oh, you need a compiler. There should be a 'build' option or something like that.

Im going to get 'The Game Programmers Guide To Torque' soon

I'd use Microsoft Visual C++ Express. It's Free.

ostuff. Where? I was looking for a good C++ editor and I got the impression that it was some trial thing or costed money.

Now to choose if I want to learn C# or C++....

C seems a bit of a harsh place to start, so I found some game engine called Original3d, that uses BASIC. It even has its own script editing crap in it, so I think I will just play around in that for a bit.

BASIC is easy, but you can't really do much with it.

Yeah, it turned out that the engine used some modernized BASIC and any tutorials I learned wouldn't work with it. Moving on.....

I personally like C more, and I use MinGW, it's basically the GCC compiled specifically for windows, and there are GUIs for it out there , such as dev-c++ and possibly code blocks, although I don't know for sure.