Author Topic: the best add-ons never made!  (Read 2533 times)

i know i'm not a modder, and i know posting in help is handicapped. but these are very cool addons that have never been given the effort to make.
Turrets:
these are vehicles that shoot things, but don't move. vehicles that shoot things have been made. vehicles that don't move have been made. how hard is this?there have been numerous requests of this, but i've never seen one.
Airstrike weapons:
another cool addon that would be awesome-if someone would just make it.it would also be very easy to script-just raise the muzzle point high in the air.
vehicles with turrets:
i've heard this is being made in V9-but it hasn't been made yet. think about it-that huge tank that does nothing could finally be useful-with 2 people, of course.
these are about the top 3. about 6,000 people have suggested each one of these, but for some reason no modder has had the balls to make them.
but, i doubt anyone will listen to me, so-
nevermind.

Turrets: Complicated to make a decent one, so people are waiting for v9's tank turrent code to make one.
Air Strike: Could you explain what you mean?  Air strike means to strike from a plane or other air craft, yet your talking about raising the muzzle point?
Vehicle with turrents: Requires engine changes to be done right.  Badspot already is doing those changes for v9's tank.

Turrets: Complicated to make a decent one, so people are waiting for v9's tank turrent code to make one.
Air Strike: Could you explain what you mean?  Air strike means to strike from a plane or other air craft, yet your talking about raising the muzzle point?
Vehicle with turrents: Requires engine changes to be done right.  Badspot already is doing those changes for v9's tank.

Ah-Ha so the "no better add-ons are possible to be made with V9 because not much is changed" isn't true... now people can make vehicles with turrets!

Omg v9 will be awsome.

Turrets: AIplayer with turretbase mounted on it, and mounted on a static object of some kind holding a gun. when player gets in, unmount the gun and give it to player.

SAME THING FOR TANK. EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

Now, a built-in turret WOULD be useful and cool, but we DO NOT need to wait for V9 that, as far as we know, may take another 2 years to come out.

Don't pull a spaceguy on us please.

that, as far as we know, may take another 2 years to come out.
HOLY CHRIST ARE YOU SERIOUS?

about 6,000 people have suggested each one of these, but for some reason no modder has had the balls to make them.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe there is a reason that people haven't made add_ons like that yet? I can hardly see Ephi or Space Guy or Trader sitting at their computer going "holy crap that idea is too win! I could never make that!".

Turret- not a bad idea but sadly in the TGE turrets are more "hackish" than most people prefer. As one person said above, generally involves mounting a weapon to the player. We shall just have to wait and see on this one. Perhaps BS has found a better way to implement turrets.

Airstrikes- This is a bad idea. One of the worst thing about the plethora of gun mods we have is that almost all of them are overpowered. An airstrike would be serious overkill and without a way to properly limit it's use (other than a cool down timer which is frustrating) it would quickly get out of hand. Also, from a technical standpoint, it's not just a case  of "moving the eye point up high". Assuming you made the airstrike gun just like a regular weapon, the shot would still fire laterally and would appear out of nowhere (instead of the barrel of the gun). There are other possibilities for achieving such a weapon, but none that are simple or effective enough to warrant the time needed to spent on such a project.

Vehicles with turrets- Same deal as with turrets.

about 6,000 people have suggested each one of these, but for some reason no modder has had the balls to make them.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe there is a reason that people haven't made add_ons like that yet? I can hardly see Ephi or Space Guy or Trader sitting at their computer going "holy crap that idea is too win! I could never make that!".

Turret- not a bad idea but sadly in the TGE turrets are more "hackish" than most people prefer. As one person said above, generally involves mounting a weapon to the player. We shall just have to wait and see on this one. Perhaps BS has found a better way to implement turrets.

Airstrikes- This is a bad idea. One of the worst thing about the plethora of gun mods we have is that almost all of them are overpowered. An airstrike would be serious overkill and without a way to properly limit it's use (other than a cool down timer which is frustrating) it would quickly get out of hand. Also, from a technical standpoint, it's not just a case  of "moving the eye point up high". Assuming you made the airstrike gun just like a regular weapon, the shot would still fire laterally and would appear out of nowhere (instead of the barrel of the gun). There are other possibilities for achieving such a weapon, but none that are simple or effective enough to warrant the time needed to spent on such a project.

Vehicles with turrets- Same deal as with turrets.
what do you mean "airstrikes would be overpowered"? it could just be a weapon like the rocket launcher modified so that the model is a radio and the eye point is very high. this would be for destroying bases or making a level with all airstrikes where part of the map has cover.
stop trying to disprove my thoughts instead of looking for ways to attack me.

Make it Rapid Fire 10 rockets though.

To balance it you would need 20 points to use it .

I started work on one for Tiberuim Project but I have been busy with other things.

for the airstrike it would be better to have it send out a targeter and then spawn a few rockets above the place the targeter stops.

So a projectile is out it hits the target and then more projectiles are spawned from the sky ? I will work on it but I am no coder.

Turrets in V9
Airstrike already done by both Ephi and Grim
Again, Turrets done in V9

Airstrike already done by both Ephi and Grim

really?
where is it?

Umm when i was in Diggy's server he used an air strike i dont know how but he did and bombs were rainning down randomly from the sky while some text in the screen says "Take cover!"

I made the Stunt Plane fire HE Grenades as a "Bombing Run" sort of thing, but it was extremely overpowered and not advised for normal servers. I think the code is on the forum if you search.

Turrets are possible with the current engine, but v9 will have them integrated with the engine and probably work better. In any case, mounting a fake armor-vehicle (like the Horse) to the tank would let you mount to it and then turn/fire it separate from the tank using scripted/mounted weapons and the Look animation for up/down movement. Two people would be needed to drive the tank, possibly good for 'Team Play' game modes. I know how it would be done, but I can't model and apparently 'Look' animations are hard to make for player models.