Author Topic: Blokmag Issue 2 Release  (Read 4803 times)

Thanks for your comment.

Thanks for your comment.

I'm trying to offer constructive criticism. Notice the absence of "This sucks" or "this magazine is a cigarette". I offered some suggestion on how to improve the visual quality of the mag.

Interesting how you hint that it could be considered at a level of "This sucks" or "this magazine is a cigarette"

Ace

It seems the transparent reflection in the Blockland Alliance Navy ad was completely raped somehow.

Yes something happened there it wouldn't show up on my comp.

Oh hey I remember that now. I posted the list in a server and explained what each one did, then forgot about it.

For clarification:

v9 events work like sentences. You have the object doing the action, an action, what  it acts on, and things describing the action.

fakekillbrick doesn't make the brick just appear to be killed, it does a mini-games style kill on it. So when it is killed, you can fall through it, shoot through it, etc.

The targets section is incomplete. You can also effect the client, player, and another brick.

Printoverflow/underflow is used to create looping events, scoreboards, and other cool things. I have a save file that I'll release after v9 comes out that includes examples of how to use many different events.

There are some exciting new events that have been added, as well as some of the ones on the list have changed (for example, the minigame ones only work in a minigame now. You used to be able to reset the minigame of players who weren't in a minigame, which would cause them to respawn at the map spawn). You'll just have to see what made it in with the actual release.

One more thing, "Oops - Wedge slips out v9 events" is hardly flattering. We aren't kept from giving out details, we just reached a consensus a while ago that we were going to keep the newer content secret so people didn't try and copy it. The list I posted in the server was well before that.

In other news, tanks work now.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:07:01 PM by Wedge »

Interesting how you hint that it could be considered at a level of "This sucks" or "this magazine is a cigarette"

XD not quite what I meant. I was leaning more towards implying that some less than civilized folk might comment on the magazine like that. It certainly does not represent my opinion on it.

There is a lot of potential, it just needs an update graphics wise.

Loving the new issue, not only did I see my AD but I also noticed you noted my Forest Shack build as being one of the heavily detailed builds that get erased right beside a cluster of spam, while this is true there still remains the fact that sometimes people build stuff out of tiny bricks just to be lazy and sometimes it gets a bit confusing.
But I do agree that the tolerance on spam compared to the tolerance on builds is a bit annoying sometimes.

Your magazine can be an advertisement, for preparing movies or sneak peak, beta or alpha add-ons, and maps or servers.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:15:30 PM by koolkody12 »

Also sorry I didn't get the interview about the movie "blockland - no hope" as I only recently got the interview finished. Expect to see it in issue 3.

my article's missing!
i hope it's in issue 3 :(

I noticed that it says "This is the very first issue ever."

Also, I could help checking the spelling and grammar if you like. I hope this could be an opportunity for my empty life.

And My advertisement wasn't in there O.o

Oh overlooked the "first issue ever" I guess. Yeturn still hasn't replied. He was suppose to edit it, but never replied. 0_0