Author Topic: I cant get sleep...because...  (Read 5316 times)

Because of one monologue from an anime. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya episode 13. I have lost so much sleep over it, because I cant stop thinking about it.

What should I do?

Heres how it goes, its a big one.
: I have. It's something I'll never forget. During elementary school, when I was in the sixth grade, the whole family went to watch a baseball game at the stadium. I wasn't particularly interested in baseball... but I was shocked once we got there. There were people everywhere I looked. The ones on the other side of the stadium looked like squirming grains of rice all packed together. I wondered if every last person in Japan had gathered in this place. And so... I asked my dad. "Exactly how many people were in the stadium?" His answer was that a sold-out game meant around fifty thousand people. After the game, the path to the station was flooded with people. The sight stunned me. So many humans around me... yet they only made up a fraction of the people in Japan. Once I got home, I got a calculator and did the math. We learned that the Japanese population was a hundred million or so in social studies. Divide fifty thousand into that... and you only get one two-thousandth. I was stunned again. Not only was I just one little person in that sea of people in that stadium... but that sea of people was merely a drop in the ocean. I had thought myself to be a special person up until that point. I enjoyed being with my family, and most of all, I thought that my class in my school had the most interesting people in the world. But that was when I realized it wasn't like that. The things that happened in what I believed to be the most enjoyable class in the world could be found happening in any school in Japan. Everyone in Japan would find them to be ordinary occurrences. Once I realized this... I suddenly found that my surroundings were beginning to lose their color. Brush my teeth and go to sleep at night. Wake up and eat breakfast in the morning. People do these things everywhere. When I realized that everyone did all these things on a daily basis... everything started to feel so boring. And if there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me? That's all I could think about... until I graduated from elementary school. And in the process, I realized something. Nothing fun will happen if you sit around waiting. So I figured I would change myeslf in middle school. Let the world know that I wasn't a girl content with sitting around and waiting. And I conducted myself accordingly. But in the end... nothing ever happened. Before I knew it, I was in high school. I thought something would have changed.

How can I stop thinking about this silly quote and get sleep?

You saved me I will go get my lunesta now :D

Watch out, as soon as you use it the Butterfly Of Death sneaks into your bedroom D:

It's on all of the commercials, but they stopped placing it on the warning label :(

Crap. OD ON NY-QUILL THEN!

Watch out, as soon as you use it the Butterfly Of Death sneaks into your bedroom D:

It's on all of the commercials, but they stopped placing it on the warning label :(
If you listen really closely when it lands on the sleeping people you can hear a neck snap noise.

No but didnt anyone read the quote? or is it tl;dr and want me to post the video?

I did, and it made me hope I wont live an odinary live. this is what most people do all the time: Get out of bed, brush their teeth, eat breakfast, go to work, go home, eat and then sleep and that's how it goes on and on and on.

Thats why It makes me think, it just, doesnt seem right.

I don't get whats worth thinking about

of course millions of people do the same thing, thats life

and whats wrong with "get out of bed, brush their teeth, eat breakfast, go to work, go home, eat and then sleep" thats fine man, get a job thats fun and has awesome people

I don't get whats worth thinking about

of course millions of people do the same thing, thats life

and whats wrong with "get out of bed, brush their teeth, eat breakfast, go to work, go home, eat and then sleep" thats fine man, get a job thats fun and has awesome people
like snot :D

me and my friend had a discussion about this.

We decided that every human must have a Destiny, yes call us fools for believing in that.The actions you choose through your life can change and alter this, like a thousand paths. But ones purpose is to find his destiny, although he may not complete it. However, these Destines can over lap with others, having people share them. Not making them unique, but blending in with the sea of people. Destines this small would be unable to shine across the land. However...

We also believe in reincarnation. However, in a different way. Our theory is that when we die, we go to where ever we believe. Dreams can stimulate the nerves, make if feel if your really there. What if, and this may be unlikely, when we die, we advance to what we think is heaven, no matter what religion. A final wish so to speak. The Destiny carrys fourth into this "Heaven"

The brain can function as an emergency recaller, note the saying "My life flashed before my eyes." What if, before we die, we have a final dream, a permanent dream, of what we call...Heaven. Would our Destines carry over?

My main worry with this whole situatition is the fact that your name will not last forever. Your name will hit deeply only several people. Once they die, your name will be nothing but a stone grave, and soon in time, forgotten. However, what if your name carries into what you call...Heaven? The people you met, the people you affected. Your name would carry.

However, one main flaw is that the people hit by your name, could move on to what they call their heaven. However, what if you were in their heaven, and they were in yours. Would you still be fine with that? Its your heaven.

This leads to my final point, with so many lives on this planet, with so many thoughts. Is all life meaning less? Just a world of pain and suffering? Like a test? You fall, and you bleed. You get hurt and you cry. You get tickled and you laugh. Feelings, there the only thing with us that we have, yet, they can kill us at times. As this quote did to me.

I could go on, and on. Perhaps if I keep typing, ill find the solution.

Time will tell. Don't waste your life away thinking about this crap, because before you know it, it will be over.

Its just, one of those things that it seems like theres an answer, but you cant stop till you find it.

You're never going to find it because you're never going to be 100% sure. I've began to accept the fact that there might be nothing after life, and that when you die that's it. Quite harrowing.